Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

China cnc controller to acorn

Post by Paul M »

I do own a small beat up china router and have been using it for 5 yrs.and eversince,it has this problem of suddenly stopping in the middle of the process then continues in a different coordinates.this is at random.sometimes i get to finish a day of work without it.ive tried sending my gcodes to friends and tested it on their routers with zero problem.so im here to ask if theres anything i need to know if i will replace my controller with acorn.btw its runs on weihong nc studio software.
Pc specs.windows 7.
16 gb ram 500gb hdd .120gb ssd .asus mobo on i3 gen3
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_20201123_133624.jpg
IMG_20201123_133638.jpg
IMG_20201123_133648.jpg
IMG_20201123_133707.jpg
IMG_20201123_133803.jpg
IMG_20201123_133856.jpg
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: China cnc controller to acorn

Post by martyscncgarage »

Should be no problem running your router with Acorn.
But you should post links to the manuals for your drives and VFD. That way we can take a look.
Hopefully users can say yes, I have used that VFD with Acorn. Inexpesive import VFD's are not usually well built. And can be hit and miss. Though they can be replaced with better ones.

I "kind" of recognize your stepper drivers, but since you didn't take a picture of the side of it with the drive information I can't comment. Rarely has it been that Acorn could not control a stepper drive.

The only other issue is, do you have the skills to follow through with the conversion? Can you follow fairly simple schematics? Centroid provides many as a starting point. Do you have basic electronic/electrical skills? A link to the Acorn Schematic set is about a third the way down this page: https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... oller.html

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: China cnc controller to acorn

Post by ShawnM »

I did the same thing Paul. I bought a used chinese router off craigslist over a year ago now and immediately converted it to Acorn with no issues and it's been running perfect ever since. The chinese controller was usb and garbage at best running mach3. The Acorn wired up very easy and I'm adding cool new feature all the time. And it runs all day long without skipping a beat.

I see from your pic that the drives are Leadshine DMA860H, the Acorn will very easily control those through the DB25 header. You'll have to upgrade to Windows 10 and you can look up your PC's i3 processor on the Passmark website to see if it meets the minimum PC benchmark for the Acorn software. If it doesn't you can easily buy a used PC running Windows 10 that will meet the minimum standards for $100-$130 on Craigslist all day long. I have a local, used PC supplier that I get mine from and they have a SSD and Windows 10 Pro installed for $120.

All that's really needed is the Acorn board, win10 pc that meets the benchmark and the skill set to do the conversion. :mrgreen:

Good luck.