CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8A13B8-0729203580
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Inches to mm

Post by khancnc »

Hi everyone
If my lathe's turns ratio, tool offsets and and all other parameters is setup in Inches, and now i want to switch it to mm and do some machining in metric size, do i have to redo all my setting again in metric (mm) again ? or will it just run accurate with the same setting.
Thanks everyone in advange
Farrel
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Inches to mm

Post by cnckeith »

f1 setup, f3 config, type in password (137), F1 control. toggle DRO display and Machine units to Millimetres, F10 save
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

To expand upon Keith's advice: when you change Machine Units on the Control Configuration screen, CNC12 will convert all of your configuration and parameter values from one system of units to the other.

Alternately, you can just make sure there is a G21 code at the beginning of the metric CNC program, and run it without changing setups. In that case you would still do your part setup and tool measurements in inches, and you would see inches on the DRO, but the millimeter dimensions in the G code would cut correctly.
khancnc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0035FF8A13B8-0729203580
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by khancnc »

Thanks guys, just to sum it which ever way i go either G 21 at the very beinging of the program or change the machine units to mm i will be good with sizes because acorn cnc12 will take care of it ?
Thanks again
Farrel