Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

The best Procedure to stop the job and continue next day

Post by zz0122 »

I try to find the best procedure to stop in the middle of the job, shut off the machine and I can continue the next day. is that possible?
basically how to stop the job, what I have to do so i can continue the next day and how you start the next day.
I tried to search, but I cant find any discussion about the procedure here. if there is one please post the link...
TIA
cncsnw

Re: The best Procedure to stop the job and continue next day

Post by cncsnw »

This depends very much on how repeatably your machine can home itself.

With a closed-loop Centroid control (e.g. any of them except Acorn) and limit/home switches, you should be able to simply interrupt the job (Cycle Cancel or Tool Check); shut down; go home; come back; power up; home; and then choose F4/Run -> F1/Resume.

With an open-loop (Acorn) control, this can be done too, but only to the extent that your homing process is repeatable.

What method do you use to home your machine? Home switches? Home switches plus a ZRI (index pulse) input? Jog-to-home?
zz0122
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by zz0122 »

cncsnw wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:06 am This depends very much on how repeatably your machine can home itself.

With a closed-loop Centroid control (e.g. any of them except Acorn) and limit/home switches, you should be able to simply interrupt the job (Cycle Cancel or Tool Check); shut down; go home; come back; power up; home; and then choose F4/Run -> F1/Resume.

With an open-loop (Acorn) control, this can be done too, but only to the extent that your homing process is repeatable.

What method do you use to home your machine? Home switches? Home switches plus a ZRI (index pulse) input? Jog-to-home?
Hi CNCSNW,
I used simple Home-all switches (with proximity sensor)with auto squaring method. do I have to back up couple line before resume? and between F4/Run -> F1/Resume. I believe I have to turn the spindle manually, but if I do that the CNC12 gonna ask to switch auto, so how can I turn the spindle before resume?

TIA
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

zz0122 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am
cncsnw wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:06 am This depends very much on how repeatably your machine can home itself.

Hi CNCSNW,
I used simple Home-all switches (with proximity sensor)with auto squaring method. do I have to back up couple line before resume? and between F4/Run -> F1/Resume. I believe I have to turn the spindle manually, but if I do that the CNC12 gonna ask to switch auto, so how can I turn the spindle before resume?

TIA
First I assume we are talking about a router? Machining wood?
Second, good proximity sensors properly installed, (Trippers pass across the face and not to the face, and the gap is tight and sensing range is within the specs of the sensor) are fairly repeatable in my opinion, not as good as an index pulse but pretty repeatable. You can prove this to yourself by resetting home on each axis with a dial indicator to see how repeatable they are.

Marc explained how to restart your job. You can also SEARCH for the line in the Run menu and start from there.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
zz0122

Post by zz0122 »

Hi Marty,
Yes, I actually did that, used the dial indicator to test the home location and it is very accurate.
How do you start the spindle? I tried do cutting air routine, and If I turn the spindle manually, and I click "Cycle Start" its gonna ask to switch back to "Auto" and the gcode doesn't have the M3 command (M3 at the beginning of the Job). Or I have to used the edit option and add "M3" command?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Run -> Resume and Run -> Search will both see your M3 at the beginning of the job, and will start the spindle when you start running at the resume point. Just leave it in Auto spindle mode.

You may have to use Feed Hold to pause motion for a while after the spindle and axes start running, if your spindle takes a long time to get up to speed.
zz0122

Post by zz0122 »

Ok, Thank You for the explanations....I will try this procedure....

Thanks