CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Program not matching Machine movement.

Post by WillCNC »

Hello All! Happy Halloween!

I was hoping I could get some help to make my FIRST cuts on my little cnc! I have a program to Cut 2 slots and bore a hole for a motor bracket. It starts with boring the hole. I know The center of the bore is 3.5" + Y direction from 0 but my machine only moves about 3". The DRO on cnc 12 also reads about only 3". I'm using fusion 360 to make the toolpaths. Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong? I've included the program and a report. Thanks for any help!!!!

-Will
X2d 11250 1 (1).nc
(29.66 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
DrLocke
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0C1C57072225-0107202806

Re: Program not matching Machine movement.

Post by DrLocke »

Suggest you do the simulation run in Fusion 360 to verify that it is doing what you think it should. Then I would suggest you double check the post processor you are using. I'm not a g-code expert by a long ways but your code doesn't look quit right to me. Also read up on G2/G3 g-codes, they can be difficult to understand, at least for me they were. Good luck.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Your NC program does indeed appear to be cutting the feature centered around Y+3.000.

Either you have the feature misplaced in the CAD drawing, or you and Fusion are not in agreement about where the part zero is supposed to be.
WillCNC
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by WillCNC »

Hey guys thanks for the advice, I went into fusion simulated the toolpath -> Info -> and indeed the Y was be programmed for 2.983. At least I know now where the problem is coming from. Thanks for the help!
Motor Mount.PNG
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

WillCNC wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:38 pm Hey guys thanks for the advice, I went into fusion simulated the toolpath -> Info -> and indeed the Y was be programmed for 2.983. At least I know now where the problem is coming from. Thanks for the help!
Motor Mount.PNG
Looking at your Fusion 360 job file, it looks like you have the Post Processor Property to Pre-Load tools turned on:

Code: Select all

(Bore2)
N30 T4 M6
N35 T1
Right after the Tool Change M6 for T4 is commanded, the next tool T1 is already pre-loaded which I recommend against it unless you have a Tool Changer that needs to know which Tool comes next.

Any scripts that are using the system variable #4120 to determine which tool is currently in the spindle will no longer work correctly as #4120 will return the pre-loaded tool T1 as the active tool and not T4 that's currently still in the spindle.

CNC12 does not provide a way to determine which tool is in the spindle if you use the Tool Pre-Load property unless you track it yourself in a script. So don't use the Post Processor Property "Pre-Load Tools" unless you have a real need to do so.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com