CNC Control System Serial Number: 3549
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Wireless MPG Macro Buttons

Post by midiman310 »

Hello All-

Managed to pull the trigger and purchase the Wireless MPG before the price increase. Loved the whole Centroid Acorn system and it's the best thing I've done to upgrade my G0704 mill to CNC. Just love it when everything just works.

My question today is for those who have the Wireless MPG. There are many canned Macros inherent in the system and many more I gather which even haven't been written. Now, we have 4 Macro buttons on the Wireless MPG and just curious to see which 4 macros are most people using or assigning to those 4 buttons. I'm not much of an machinist, hence from a machinist perspective, what 4 macros would be most prudent to assign to those buttons.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Here's a pic of my Acorn CNC cabinet.
IMG_3431.jpg
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Wireless MPG Macro Buttons

Post by martyscncgarage »

Your question is not easily answered. Those customizable macro buttons are there for YOU to setup based on your personal needs.
Maybe a better question is what do other use the Wireless MPG Macro buttons for? Examples?
Me? I spend too much time working on machines than using them! I don't use them...
You could have them run a G code, move the machine to a particular location etc...
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ