Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Limit all/limit switch

Post by StuCNC »

I did the search and think I have a handle on my question but and there is always a but . Soo standard Set up on IN1 home All limit switches that works great does it thing well .Standard setup limit all limit switches are in series NC on IN2( green light on) . So while jogging up to let’s say Z home limit to trip it ,it trips/stops and I override trip move off and good to go but I jog down to limit all Z limit I can jog right on through the limit switch ( green light goes red )no software limit set . I realize I can set a software travel limit here but why won’t it stop Just with the tripping of the limit switch ?
Just trying to understand I’m very green behind the ears but gray hair near by lol
Stu
OOOPs lol should have look a few post back sorry
I try to do better not a great first post my apologies

Unfortunately, that option is not provided via the Wizard. If you use "HomeAll", then you need to rely on your software travel limits (which you should set up, regardless) to prevent overtravel. The software travel limits, of course, will not be applied until the machine has finished homing.

You could wire your home-end switches to two separate inputs, and designate them "FirstAxisHomeLimitOk" and "SecondAxisHomeLimitOk" in the Wizard. Then the switches would function as limit switches, and stop motion when tripped even if the machine has not yet been homed.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Limit all/limit switch

Post by martyscncgarage »

StuCNC wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 pm I did the search and think I have a handle on my question but and there is always a but . Soo standard Set up on IN1 home All limit switches that works great does it thing well .Standard setup limit all limit switches are in series NC on IN2( green light on) . So while jogging up to let’s say Z home limit to trip it ,it trips/stops and I override trip move off and good to go but I jog down to limit all Z limit I can jog right on through the limit switch ( green light goes red )no software limit set . I realize I can set a software travel limit here but why won’t it stop Just with the tripping of the limit switch ?
Just trying to understand I’m very green behind the ears but gray hair near by lol
Stu
OOOPs lol should have look a few post back sorry
I try to do better not a great first post my apologies

Unfortunately, that option is not provided via the Wizard. If you use "HomeAll", then you need to rely on your software travel limits (which you should set up, regardless) to prevent overtravel. The software travel limits, of course, will not be applied until the machine has finished homing.

You could wire your home-end switches to two separate inputs, and designate them "FirstAxisHomeLimitOk" and "SecondAxisHomeLimitOk" in the Wizard. Then the switches would function as limit switches, and stop motion when tripped even if the machine has not yet been homed.
Hi Stu,
Do you still have a question or concern? At first glance it looks like you found your solution?
HomeAll= All three home switches wired in series and connected to an input and assigned HomeAll
LimitAll= All three LIMIT switches (opposite end of each axis travel) wired in series and connected to an input and assigned LimitAll
YES! You need to set your soft limits correctly (As wells as Step/Rev and Overall Turns Ration) for everything to work correctly. Soft limits should stop you from hitting your Limit switches provided you have calibrated your axis correctly.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
StuCNC
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by StuCNC »

Tks I find they work correctly ofter the home all is run , it’s it not run first it just keep on trucking lol ,
On another topic , I’m used to using ABB frequency drives and looking at using one to run a spindle , have you ever integrated one into the board/software at first preliminary quick look it
Looks like it’s possible .
Stu
martyscncgarage
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

StuCNC wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:57 pm Tks I find they work correctly ofter the home all is run , it’s it not run first it just keep on trucking lol ,
On another topic , I’m used to using ABB frequency drives and looking at using one to run a spindle , have you ever integrated one into the board/software at first preliminary quick look it
Looks like it’s possible .
Stu
You can set the VFD up and use a bench power supply to simulate the 0-10vdc signal and jumpers to activate the fwd and rev inputs. You can even use a battery if you don't have a bench power supply.

If you can make the VFD work that way and drive the spindle, there's a pretty good chance Acorn won't have a problem driving it either.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
StuCNC
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by StuCNC »

I’ll do a deeper dive into the ABB documentation
I have one to test with that drives a 3 hp 208-220 3phase
Up to 500 HZ , they can be set up with multiple macros, very adaptable
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Not for Acorn, but here are schematics for an Oak and AllIn1DC with ABB ACS355 VFD spindle drives.
Attachments
VCL-1062J011-CNC Schematic.pdf
(564.52 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
HLV-H10140T-CNC Schematic.pdf
(500.53 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.