CNC Control System Serial Number: 0113202827
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

tt-1 "probe plc intput not set" bug

Post by nicolasjolliet »

Hey folks,

I just installed a tt-1 tool probe on my Acorn running the latest software.

I seems I've encountered a bug, or more likely, the bug is me :)

When setting the z-ref for the reference tool (using the tt-1) I get a message saying " probe plc input not set, press any key to escape"
My probe works fine on measuring tool offsets, the message appears only when trying to do the z-ref.

I'm able to solve this problem if I say "yes" to " substract height of tool" in the wizard. But then every tool offset is off by the height of the tt-1 (2 inches). I could put the height of the tt-1 at 0, but there is something wrong with that, something I missed.
IMG_3407.jpg
Is there something I did wrong? Many Thanks
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Re: tt-1 "probe plc intput not set" bug

Post by swissi »

nicolasjolliet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:35 pm Hey folks,

I just installed a tt-1 tool probe on my Acorn running the latest software.

I seems I've encountered a bug, or more likely, the bug is me :)

When setting the z-ref for the reference tool (using the tt-1) I get a message saying " probe plc input not set, press any key to escape"
My probe works fine on measuring tool offsets, the message appears only when trying to do the z-ref.

I'm able to solve this problem if I say "yes" to " substract height of tool" in the wizard. But then every tool offset is off by the height of the tt-1 (2 inches). I could put the height of the tt-1 at 0, but there is something wrong with that, something I missed.

IMG_3407.jpg

Is there something I did wrong?
report_4C3FD31F8733-1212192740_2020-09-25_12-26-37.zip

Many Thanks
It is a known bug in v4.50. The problem is that the CNC12 Wizard is setting the bits of Parameter 43 inverse. This problem has been mentioned in this Thread and Centroid is aware of it.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
nicolasjolliet
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0113202827

Post by nicolasjolliet »

Thanks Swissi.
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

As swissi pointed out this is a known bug in the software at the moment.

When parameter 43 is set to 2 will cause the message you describe when using the Auto feature on the set Z Zero for part. For now a workaround would be to set your offset to 0 for subtract TT height or disable "Use TT for Z-ref". Setting Parameter 11 to the same value of Parameter 44 if your not using a probe seems to solve the issue as well.

Centroid is working on a solution for this issue.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
Kaveman58
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3235

Post by Kaveman58 »

Hello from the UK

I have just been going through the motions of setting some additional tool height offsets using CNC12 V4.50 on auto measure, using a simple conductive tool from Ebay as a trigger (not a TT1 tool). Having recently completed the conversion of a small hobby bench mill to CNC (time in COVID 19 lockdown well spent!) I have been slowly adding tools following the purchase of additional ER25 tool chuck holders.

All was well until today when I came to measuring the tool height offset of tool 10 (H010). On auto measure the message "Probe Plc input not set" popped up when I pressed cycle start followed by "Press any key to continue"! This message only comes up with tool 10 (H010) which I have designated as a 3.3mm drill. Setting the master tool H001 and H002 to H009 everything was as it should and machining has worked as it should. I then began to check the tool height offsets of tools H011 to H020 which again worked correctly on auto measure. H011 to H013 are also drills, 4.2mm, 5mm and 6.8mm accordingly. Is there a minimum drill size or is H010 ringfenced for other tools or is it something I've done? As previously mentioned I am new to CNC but I am puzzled as to why it's only isolated to one particular tool, H010.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
swissi

Post by swissi »

Kaveman58 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:19 am Hello from the UK

I have just been going through the motions of setting some additional tool height offsets using CNC12 V4.50 on auto measure, using a simple conductive tool from Ebay as a trigger (not a TT1 tool). Having recently completed the conversion of a small hobby bench mill to CNC (time in COVID 19 lockdown well spent!) I have been slowly adding tools following the purchase of additional ER25 tool chuck holders.

All was well until today when I came to measuring the tool height offset of tool 10 (H010). On auto measure the message "Probe Plc input not set" popped up when I pressed cycle start followed by "Press any key to continue"! This message only comes up with tool 10 (H010) which I have designated as a 3.3mm drill. Setting the master tool H001 and H002 to H009 everything was as it should and machining has worked as it should. I then began to check the tool height offsets of tools H011 to H020 which again worked correctly on auto measure. H011 to H013 are also drills, 4.2mm, 5mm and 6.8mm accordingly. Is there a minimum drill size or is H010 ringfenced for other tools or is it something I've done? As previously mentioned I am new to CNC but I am puzzled as to why it's only isolated to one particular tool, H010.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
You should have started a new thread for this.

Please post a fresh report of your configuration and a screen shot of your Wizard page of the Touch Probe and Tool Setter. In case you are not running the latest version 4.50 of CNC12, upgrade first as it doesn't make sense to track down issues of old versions.

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

cncsnw

Re: tt-1 "probe plc input not set" measuring tool 10

Post by cncsnw »

Since you apparently do not have a touch probe (one that goes in the spindle), you should change Machine Parameter 12 to a value of 0.
Kaveman58
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3235

Post by Kaveman58 »

Many thanks for all the replies, novice school boy error on my part! Now that I have been made aware that the probe tool is assigned to tool 10 as a default, it explains why the problem was so specific to one particular tool.

So for now I will leave tool 10 vacant until such time I purchase a probe.
swissi

Post by swissi »

I was able to reproduce this issue and it looks like that Tool #10 is hard coded in CNC12 to be the Touch Probe under certain conditions and it seems to be independent on what Tool # is currently being configured in Parameter 12 to be the Touch Probe.

I'm working with Centroid to get to the bottom of this issue so for now stay away from using Tool #10 to be anything else than the Touch Probe and leave it blank if you don't have one.

-swissi