Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn180322
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Limit switch configuration (Resolved)

Post by Oswaldo »

I am setting the limit switches, they are normally closed NPN sensing distance is 4mm. Installed serially to the IN1 port, I put it to home and it does it according to what I have programmed.
When I activate the limit switches, in series to port IN2 the machine locks and does not allow the axes to move a few millimeters. In other words, if I give the order to go home, work will be suspended.
I've been struggling with this problem for several days and I can't find the solution.
I attach the last report created and photos of the configuration.
I appreciate that you give me light with this problem.
Oswaldo
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oEckbEfrQbo9x52VA

Estoy configurando los finales de carrera, son normalmente cerrados NPN distancia de detección es de 4mm. instalados en serie al puerto IN1, hago la puesta a home y la hace de acuerdo a lo que tengo programado.
Cuando activo los finales de carrera limite, en serie al puerto IN2 la maquina se bloquea y no deja mover los ejes unos cuantos milímetros. es decir si doy la orden de ir a home suspende el trabajo.
Llevo varios días luchando con este problema y no encuentro la solucion.
Adjunto el informe ultimo creado y fotos de la configuración.
Agradezco que me den luces con este problema.
Oswaldo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oEckbEfrQbo9x52VA
Attachments
report_38D2694D649E-0626181014_2020-08-28_08-55-07.zip
(5.41 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Limit switch configuration

Post by cnckeith »

Please update to version 4.5.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4457
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
CNC11: No

Post by swissi »

Oswaldo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:37 am I am setting the limit switches, they are normally closed NPN sensing distance is 4mm. Installed serially to the IN1 port, I put it to home and it does it according to what I have programmed.
When I activate the limit switches, in series to port IN2 the machine locks and does not allow the axes to move a few millimeters. In other words, if I give the order to go home, work will be suspended.
Also as a side note: The CPU of your computer does not meet the minimum Single Core Performance Benchmark of 1500.

You are mixing the Terms Home and Limit switches which are different things. A photo would be great that shows where your Home and Limit Switches are on your machine.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Oswaldo

Post by Oswaldo »

-swissi thank you for your reply. The computer was the one I acquired at Centroid more than 1 year ago and that's what they sent me.
I am already sending you the link for the photos.
Thanks for your reply.
Oswaldo
-swissi gracias por su respuesta. Lo de la computadora fue la que adquiri en Centroid hace más de 1 año y eso fue lo que me enviaron.
Ya le estoy enviando el link para las fotos.
Gracias por su respuesta.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WYHZdzBDNo5nkyYR8
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
CNC11: No

Post by swissi »

Oswaldo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 pm -swissi thank you for your reply. The computer was the one I acquired at Centroid more than 1 year ago and that's what they sent me.
I am already sending you the link for the photos.
You should really upgrade to v4.5 as Keith said. The upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 is straight forward. Just follow the Upgrade Instructions

Thanks for the pictures but I can't tell from the pictures which ones the Home or Limit Switches are.

I assume you have 3 Home switches, one each on X, Y and Z axes. How many Limit Switches do you have and do you want to use the Home Switches as Limit switches too? Please explain in detail how many switches you have and where they are located on the machine. The way you have the switches configured right now, the home switch is not functioning as a limit switch too.

Also installing proximity switches in series does not work with all type of switches. There's a voltage drop on each of the switches so chaining to many in series could lead to an under voltage and malfunction of a switch.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Oswaldo

Post by Oswaldo »

-swissi I already did the program update.
The home switches are X- Y + and Z- are connected in series to the IN1 port with the HOME ALL setting.
The limit switches are X + Y- and Z + and are connected in series to the IN2 port with the LIMIT ALL setting.
In the support photos we see how the switches are mounted. According to the previous explanation.
The X- switch is on the right. HOME ALL Photo 1
The X + switch is on the left LIMIT HALL Photo 1
The switch. Y + is on the right. HOME ALL Photo 2
The X- switch is located on the left HALL LIMIT Photo 2
The switch. Z + stands Top. LIMIT ALL Photo 3
The Z- switch is to the left HOME HALL Photo 3 not shown in the photo.
I am doing the basic tests and configuration of the program again. When I have everything assembled I will comment here.
I will attach the new report.

Sincerely
Oswaldo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dS5x3JR9EWUHxbYF9

-swissi ya hice la actualización del programa.
Los interruptores de inicio son X- Y+ y Z- están conectados en serie al puerto IN1 con la configuración HOME ALL.
Los interruptores de limite son X+ Y- y Z+ están conectados en serie al puerto IN2 con la configuración LIMIT ALL.
En las fotos de soporte vemos como están montados los interruptores. De acuerdo a la explicación anterior.
El interruptor X- se encuentra a la derecha. HOME ALL Foto 1
El interruptor X+ se encuentra a izquierda LIMITE HALL Foto 1
El interruptor. Y+ se encuentra a la derecha. HOME ALL Foto 2
El interruptor X- se encuentra izquierda LIMITE HALL Foto 2
El interruptor. Z+ se encuentra Parte superior. LIMIT ALL Foto 3
El interruptor Z- se a izquierda HOME HALL Foto 3 que no sale en la foto.
Atentamente
Oswaldo
Oswaldo

Post by Oswaldo »

-Swissi thanks for your help, I finally found the error, and I want to socialize with all the forum members,
A review was made of the entire installation, a noise problem was found in the IN2 port, we switched to the IN3 port and it worked wonderfully.
Which I will do the respective maintenance of the port to definitively solve the problem.
Sincerely,
Oswaldo
-Swissi gracias por su ayuda, finalmente encontré el error, y quiero socializar con todos los miembros del foro,
Se hizo una revisión a toda la instalación, se encontró un problema de ruido en el puerto IN2,nos pasamos al puerto IN3 y funciono de maravilla.
Lo cual voy hacer el respectivo mantenimiento del puerto solucionar definitivamente el problema.
Atentamente,
Oswaldo