Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn and ALLIN1DC on same CNCPC

Post by tsoftwerks »

Hi,

So I have a new CNCPC that I got up and running for my ALLIN1DC. I have CNC12 working for it. I also just purchased an Acorn to make a CNC woodworking router table with. I have the PC on a cart and wanted to use the same PC for both setups. I noticed on install of Acorn it won't let me choose a directory, so therefore it writes over my existing ALLIN1 directory. I attempted this so far: I installed Acorns first, moved it manually to a new directory "C:\Acorn\cncm" and run it from there. Then I install the ALLIN1 as usual. I started up Acorn ok, but it was looking for c:\cncm\resources, which of course was not there... so I put it there, but I fear there will be more issues like this if i proceed. is "C:\cncm" hard coded or is there a config file somewhere where i can set the root directory, or perhaps set a environment variable?

Thanks,
tsoftwerks

Re: Acorn and ALLIN1DC on same CNCPC

Post by tsoftwerks »

I thought of a clunky workaround... move the version i am not using to a new directory, then move the one i want to execute to cncm... hopefully there is a more elegant solution...
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
CNC11: No

Post by swissi »

Check out my post here: https://www.centroidcncforum.com/viewto ... ory#p30969

It will give you some ideas how to do it.

There's also a directory "C:\intercon" and I don't know if the content of that directory differs between Acorn and Allin1DC version of CNC12 so you might want to include this is your copy process.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
tsoftwerks

Post by tsoftwerks »

swissi wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:38 am Check out my post here: https://www.centroidcncforum.com/viewto ... ory#p30969

It will give you some ideas how to do it.

There's also a directory "C:\intercon" and I don't know if the content of that directory differs between Acorn and Allin1DC version of CNC12 so you might want to include this is your copy process.

-swissi
Very cool. Thank you.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Aggrivation waiting to happen in my opinion. The PC requirements aren't that bad, I would just buy another PC for the new machine. You can by very compact PC's and mount them on the back of the monitors using VESA mounts.

Surely its your choice.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
tsoftwerks

Post by tsoftwerks »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:10 pm Aggrivation waiting to happen in my opinion. The PC requirements aren't that bad, I would just buy another PC for the new machine. You can by very compact PC's and mount them on the back of the monitors using VESA mounts.

Surely its your choice.

Marty
I agree its at minimum a hassle. I just spent a crap ton of money retooling my shop, which is hybrid machining and woodworking, so I am trying to get creative until some new funds come in. I bought a NUC for 150 on ebay and it works great so far, so i will probably do that again. I probably won't need the touchscreen on the simple router table i am building, so can save with a recycled monitor too... not too far in my future.