Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: At wits end (FIXED!)

Post by swissi »

cnckeith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am Apple computers will corrupt the cnc12 license file, do not use a Mac to download from email the cnc12 license file, use a windows computer.
Interesting! Just tested it on my Mac and it downloaded the license file without a problem.

One big question remains: If the license.dat file is indeed corrupted, why is the CNC12 License import process reporting "License Successfully Installed"? Shouldn't it tell you that the license file is corrupted?

I guess there's room for improvement in the License Import function...

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

just don't use a mac.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

cnckeith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am just don't use a mac.
Well, what if a Windows PC corrupts the license file? If a process reports success while it actually failed, it's a bug that should be fixed. As simple as that.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

swissi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:38 am
cnckeith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am just don't use a mac.
Well, what if a Windows PC corrupts the license file? If a process reports success while it actually failed, it's a bug that should be fixed. As simple as that.

-swissi
FWIW, personally, have never gotten a corrupt license on a Windows PC...not to say it can't happen.
It might not be as easy as you suggest. They probably have software that generates the file.
We can't tell Centroid what to do. Suggest, perhaps.
My .02
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
midiman310
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3549
CNC12: Yes

Post by midiman310 »

swissi wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:42 am
cnckeith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am Apple computers will corrupt the cnc12 license file, do not use a Mac to download from email the cnc12 license file, use a windows computer.
Interesting! Just tested it on my Mac and it downloaded the license file without a problem.

One big question remains: If the license.dat file is indeed corrupted, why is the CNC12 License import process reporting "License Successfully Installed"? Shouldn't it tell you that the license file is corrupted?

I guess there's room for improvement in the License Import function...

-swissi
All that goes well. Only found out there was a problem with the ACORN PRO banner. DIdn't try to load a very large gcode file to see if it would bomb. However everything is great right now! Have all the pieces for my mill upgrade on the bench and working. Shuttle express installed and working great. Now just waiting for my enclosure to come in. Got notified by UPS delivery is delayed sue to a "mechanical problem". So, don't know when it'll get here. During bench test I did find one thing interesting though. Found I needed to install a 2.2K pullup resistor on the connection between ALM- and IN5. When forcing a failure on the stepper motor, the driver fails and it's fault lamp blinks. The CNC12 program flags the fault and aborts the JOB. However, Alt-I Input 5 light and the Acorn Board IN5 LED didn't latch. The resistor solves this. Needless to say, very happy with my purchase so far and can't wait to get all the parts on the mill. In the meantime I'm just going through all the menu items and trying to familiarize myself with all the nuances of the interface. Also playing with the wizard and trying to write some canned routines of my own. All the while continuously creating Report Files. Left some pictures here of my progress so far. Thanks to everyone who came to my rescue when things looked bleak. Also, I gotta give a shout out to FRANCO for steering me into the Centroid Acorn world!
IMG_3184.JPG
IMG_3185.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG
IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3189.JPG