CNC Control System Serial Number: 3549
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

At wits end (FIXED!)

Post by midiman310 »

Hello-

Anyone have this problem? I launched the Centroid CNC12 software upon receiving my Acorn Board and doing the first bench test. Hit F7 then F8 to install the license file that was emailed to me. Hit F2 and Navigated to my downloads folder and clicked on the License.dat file that was sent to me. I get the message " License Successfully Imported". However, the "Acorn Free" status does not switch to "Acorn Pro" which is what I paid for. Also, went back to the main screed and clicked on F1 "Setup" and it shows I'm only using a Free Version of CNC12. I won't take a chance and try to hookup my motors and drivers in the next step of bench testing as I do not know if I may have a problematic Acorn board. Did I miss something?
I went through all the steps in configuring Windows 10, etc. Heartbeat on Acorn board looks good. Initial power on reconfigured the Acorn IP address to talk to my computer and progressed all the way through "Licenser Successfully Installed" but won't Acknowledge the fact I have a fully paid license.
Stuck and don't know what to do at this point.
Last edited by midiman310 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichMaple
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0479B7ABE506-0318203048

Re: At wits end

Post by RichMaple »

I don't have an answer but this is a good company and they'll help you out. Since you came here for help, though, two suggestions:
1) They have clear instructions on how to get help (including posting a report file) which lets them see what you're seeing.

2) "At wits end" isnt' a useful subject heading since other people aren't going to recognize the problem you're having and anyone in the future won't be helped by it. So you might consider changing that to be something related to the content.

Genuinely trying to help here, though I can tell you're frustrated. Hang in there... there's a simple solution here somewhere for sure.
carbuthn
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by carbuthn »

This may or may not help, but after I first installed my license file and saved it I had to power down the Acorn and restart it, after that it showed as Pro version of software.
Chuck
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

midiman310 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:24 pm Hello-

Anyone have this problem? I launched the Centroid CNC12 software upon receiving my Acorn Board and doing the first bench test. Hit F7 then F8 to install the license file that was emailed to me. Hit F2 and Navigated to my downloads folder and clicked on the License.dat file that was sent to me. I get the message " License Successfully Imported". However, the "Acorn Free" status does not switch to "Acorn Pro" which is what I paid for. Also, went back to the main screed and clicked on F1 "Setup" and it shows I'm only using a Free Version of CNC12. I won't take a chance and try to hookup my motors and drivers in the next step of bench testing as I do not know if I may have a problematic Acorn board. Did I miss something?
I went through all the steps in configuring Windows 10, etc. Heartbeat on Acorn board looks good. Initial power on reconfigured the Acorn IP address to talk to my computer and progressed all the way through "Licenser Successfully Installed" but won't Acknowledge the fact I have a fully paid license.
Stuck and don't know what to do at this point.
Create a FRESH report and send it to diysales@centroidcnc.com Let them know what is going on and ask them to regenerate the license. If you have a copy of your sales receipt, send it as well.

When posting here, always post a FRESH report as well. F7 Utilities, F7 Create report. SO we can take a look at it.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
midiman310

Post by midiman310 »

Thanks for the reply. Will generate a FRESH report file and send to diysales. Interestingly enough. All the features like Axes Pairing and Wireless MPG options appear to be available. I can also select from the drop down menus, so it seems I do have the pro license installed but not reflected in the banner. I got a few days before I start benching and tuning the motors (those are in transit). By then hopefully we'll have a resolution. I also should add, this is on a dedicated PC with ONLY Centroid CNC 12 as the lone App installed.
martyscncgarage

midiman310 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:53 pm Thanks for the reply. Will generate a FRESH report file and send to diysales. Interestingly enough. All the features like Axes Pairing and Wireless MPG options appear to be available. I can also select from the drop down menus, so it seems I do have the pro license installed but not reflected in the banner. I got a few days before I start benching and tuning the motors (those are in transit). By then hopefully we'll have a resolution. I also should add, this is on a dedicated PC with ONLY Centroid CNC 12 as the lone App installed.
When you press F1 Setup from the main page, what does the screen say? Can you post a screen capture and your report here?
Mesa, AZ
midiman310

Post by midiman310 »

Find attached are the the Screen Capture at "F1 Setup" and the report from the Utilities menu.
My CNC12 Screen Capture.jpg
report_0035FF89D65F-0723203549_2020-08-04_19-31-16.zip
(587.15 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
martyscncgarage

Does appear that Free is loaded. Contact Centroid
Mesa, AZ
midiman310

Re: At wits end (FIXED!)

Post by midiman310 »

Apparently when sales sent me the email with the license attachment, it was sent to a Mac. When I launch my email, messages are downloaded to my Mac at which point the attached license file is corrupted. Called sales and explained the situation and they re-sent the file to my other mail account attached to my CNC computer. Pressing onward with motor bench testing!
Success.png
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Re: At wits end (FIXED!)

Post by cnckeith »

Apple computers will corrupt the cnc12 license file, do not use a Mac to download from email the cnc12 license file, use a windows computer.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html