Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC4PC C86ACCP for ClearPath SDSK servos

Post by Richards »

As someone who has been designing process control computers since 1976, I've had dealings with a lot of companies. Arturo has been very helpful. (Yes, I really am that old. )

If I had received loose jumpers, I would have replaced the jumpers. If I didn't have spare jumpers, I would have wire wrapped the pins. If I didn't have wire wrap tools, I would have grabbed some small hook-type leads and temporarily jumpered the connections. If I didn't feel qualified to do any of those simple steps, then I would contact the manufacturer.

I've followed those steps throughout my career with parts that often cost thousands of dollars. A five-cent jumper is replaceable. I keep a few hundred in my parts bins. As a general practice, after deciding on the final configuration, I wire-wrap pins instead of using jumpers on boards used in a vibration prone industrial environment.

We"re here to help each other. Not everything works as expected. Sometimes I was the cause of the problem. (Read my post a few months ago about trying an Acorn board.). It seems to me that stating that a board had loose jumpers and then asking if anyone had some spare jumpers or advice would have let this community help each other. When I first joined the forum, I posted some simple questions that were meant to test what kind of help I could expect. I was treated well. No one made me feel unwelcome because I had asked a beginner's question.
-Mike Richards
RogDC
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by RogDC »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:06 pm Good luck, I hope you are able to get it resolved. If you do, please let us know how it worked out.
Marty
Attached are a couple of photos of the 4 axis 5 motor harness I ended up making to wire the Cleapath Control Cables directly to the Acorn per Centroid's wiring diagram. My control box layout would not work for terminal blocks as I had it set up for the C86ACCP and I was unable to remove the control box from the wall to reconfigure it ( Dr's orders on lifting limitations for the next 12 weeks ).

Here is a photo of the Harness, it is ~ 36" overall length
4 axis 5 motor harness.jpg
Here is a photo of the Harness installed, including the two 4 channel relay boards (lower left) for the HLFB signal for the Clearpath stacked on the Acorn Relay Board using Z Bar and standoffs. The additional relay channels also provide options for isolating the VFD common from the Acorn board and PS. I installed 1K Ohm Resistors at the plug on jumper wires Between Step+/- and Direction +/- to help contain the amount of wiring to the Acorn +24VDC PS.
4 Axis 5 Motor Harness Installed.png
It worked the first time I powered up the controller with no issues. If I were to do this again I would use the panel mount receptacles for the Molex min-fit-Jr which would make for a much cleaner install since you won't need to bring the 8 pin motor connectors in the cabinet.

Now to finish up the VFD wiring and making a bottom cover plate.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Thanks for the update and for news!