Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ProbeApp Official Release: Public Trial ***EXPIRED***

Post by swissi »

***Update 11/11/2020***
ProbeApp V2 has been released which includes now the ultimate solution for Tool Height Offsets.
Check out this Post

***Update 9/1/2020***
The Public Trial Period has expired. Send me a PM or email me at swissi2000@gmail.com if you are interested in the ProbeApp.

Thanks to the early sponsors and beta-testers, ProbeApp has reached maturity to be official released. The month of August will be a public trial period so everybody can give the ProbeApp a try and see for themselves about the benefits of the ProbeApp. The ProbeApp is like the wireless MPG: When you have it, you wonder how you could be without it.

ProbeApp-Main-Screen.PNG

The ProbeApp offers something for most Mill and Router users. Below are some of the benefits the ProbeApp offers but check out the ProbeApp User Guide. for a full list of features and details how to use them.

General Benefits of the ProbeApp
  • Direct launch of Probing Cycles from the VCP: Unlike the built-in probing routines of CNC12, the ProbeApp cycles can be directly launched from the ProbeApp Button on the VCP and puts all probing cycles at your finger tips
  • Touch Screen User Interface: The ProbeApp is a Windows Application with a Touch Screen User Interface integrated and exchanging data with CNC12
  • Direct integration of Probing Cycles into Job Execution: The ProbeApp allows to integrate probing cycles directly into the workflow of job file execution. As an example, adding a simple M58 command into the M6 tool change macro file will allow to measure the tool height offset after every tool change before the job continues
  • Multiple Probing Cycles possible before job continues: The ProbeApp has a “Return” feature that can be selected and will allow to execute multiple and/or different probing cycles at each tool change before the job continues. As an example, on the first tool change of a job, a Router user could select a Corner Plate Probing Cycle to set WCS X0 Y0 followed by a Tool Touch Off Cycle to set WCS Z0. In subsequent tool changes, only tool height offset measurements can be selected

Benefits for Mill Users
  • Additional Features for the standard, CNC12 built in Probing Cycles: The ProbeApp has enhancements over the CNC12 built-in probing cycles
    • WCS # to be reset can be selected
    • Selectable Offsets for each Axis
    • More direct touch screen user interface
  • Additional 3-Axes Probing Cycles: The ProbeApp offers additional probing cycles to directly set triple axes WCS 0 at the center or any corner of a rectangular stock

Check out this short video showing the use of the ProbeApp to set WCS 0 at the center and top of a Rectangular Stock:

• Universal Tool Setter: For mill users with a spindle that has non-fixed tool holders, the ProbeApp offers an Universal Tool Setter to measure tool height offset at every tool change. The Tool Setter probing cycle is highly configurable directly in the app via configuration parameters

Benefits for Router Users
  • Multiple Triple Corner Finder Plate Support: The ProbeApp offers extensive support for multiple types of Triple Corner Finder Plates. The plate can be placed on any of the 4 stock corners and any side or corner of the plate can be used to find the stock corner. These are the supported plate types:
  • Universal Tool Setter: For Router users with a non-fixed tool holder spindle, the ProbeApp is a must have utility. If you are using the double or single Tool Touch Off Plate method to measure the tool height offset after each tool change (set WCS Z0) and you are using one of those customized mfunc6.mac macros from the Centroid forum, you MUST look at the ProbeApp to replace that macro as it offers a much nicer Touch Screen Interface for your selections and much more flexibility for on the fly probe cycle selection and configuration
Enough said for now. The best way to verify how useful the ProbeApp is to you is to download and install the full featured ProbeApp below. The official Trial Period lasts for the whole month of August.

The ProbeApp installation doesn’t take more than 1 minute. Make a copy of your "C:\cncm" folder as described in the Installation instructions and you can go back any time to your old installation within seconds.

ProbeApp Challenge
The first 3 users that post a Youtube video of how they are using the ProbeApp on their system will get a fully licensed version of the ProbeApp.

If you have any questions or issues, please report them within this thread.

ProbeApp User Guide
ProbeApp Installation Instructions

Download Link: removed. Contact me via PM or email me at swissi2000@gmail.com if you are interested in the ProbeApp

-swissi
Last edited by swissi on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes

Re: ProbeApp Official Release: Public Trial

Post by 3172008 »

So, after the August trail period, how much will this cost?
swissi

Post by swissi »

3172008 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm So, after the August trail period, how much will this cost?
This is "Donationware". You just donate whatever you think is reasonable for what you get. Also new Feature Requests from all Supporters will be prioritized.

Many Centroid users spend big amounts for nice Touch Probes and/or Tool Touch Off Plates and get stuck with the CNC12 built in Probing Cycles which are very limited. When you experience how well the ProbeApp integrates with CNC12 and how the integration of probing cycles into the workflow can improve productability, you might be happy to spend a few bucks to support further development of the ProbeApp.

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

VERY Nice work Swissi!
Once my head is above water, I'd like to give it a go.
Definitely a great idea to encourage users using your APP with CNC12.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
slodat

Post by slodat »

This is awesome to see, swissi! I still haven't gotten back to my mill yet. I have some work I need to use it for, so I'll get it installed and give some feedback soon! Great work!
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Hats off Swissi, really nice job and just what I was looking for.

Nigel
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
Hope this helps
Nigel
cncjeff1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cncjeff1 »

Will this also port to CNC12 for the Allin1DC and Oak (in other words, NOT ACORN but still CNC12)?
swissi

Post by swissi »

cncjeff1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:05 pm Will this also port to CNC12 for the Allin1DC and Oak (in other words, NOT ACORN but still CNC12)?
As far as I know are the probing commands compatible between the different versions of CNC12 but I haven't tested the ProbeApp with Allin1DC or Oak as I don't have these boards.

The ProbeApp places a customized mfunc58.mac file into the "C:\cncm" folder to integrate with CNC12. With the latest version of CNC12 v4.50 that has the new VCP 2.0, the ProbeApp installer also replaces the M58 icon on the VCP with the ProbeApp icon to launch the ProbeApp. In older versions of CNC12 that do not have the VCP2.0, it was the AUX12 button on the VCP that launched the mfunc58.mac file, so pressing the AUX12 button should launch the ProbeApp.

So in theory the ProbeApp should work with the CNC12 versions of Oak and Allin1DC if the customized mfunc58.mac file is in the right place and the AUX button that launches mfunc58.mac can be used to startup the ProbeApp.

Maybe Keith can make a more assuring statement or somebody with an Oak or Allin1DC board can test it out and post the results here.

-swissi

Upnorth
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1702

Post by Upnorth »

Good job swissi. I downloaded it and gave it a try. It has a couple of probing routines that were lacking in the ones supplied with CNC12. I was pretty happy with the standard routines but yours are certainly an improvement.

I did make a small mistake when learning and did a rapid movement into the part but no damage. The acorn proved its worth by instantly stopping after contact was detected. My previous control would have broke the probe for sure. I think I had best limit it to 10 IPM until I learn the probing but I'm certain that won't take long.

Once again good job. I will license the app soon. Anyone reading this give it a try it works well.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You would need to set Parameter 199 to a value of 5811, to make the Aux12 key launch the M58 macro.

Of course, you can use any other Aux key if you prefer, by setting the appropriate parameter value to 5811.