ProbeApp V2 has been released which includes now the ultimate solution for Tool Height Offsets.
Check out this Post
The Public Trial Period has expired. Send me a PM or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the ProbeApp.
Thanks to the early sponsors and beta-testers, ProbeApp has reached maturity to be official released. The month of August will be a public trial period so everybody can give the ProbeApp a try and see for themselves about the benefits of the ProbeApp. The ProbeApp is like the wireless MPG: When you have it, you wonder how you could be without it.
The ProbeApp offers something for most Mill and Router users. Below are some of the benefits the ProbeApp offers but check out the ProbeApp User Guide. for a full list of features and details how to use them.
General Benefits of the ProbeApp
- Direct launch of Probing Cycles from the VCP: Unlike the built-in probing routines of CNC12, the ProbeApp cycles can be directly launched from the ProbeApp Button on the VCP and puts all probing cycles at your finger tips
- Touch Screen User Interface: The ProbeApp is a Windows Application with a Touch Screen User Interface integrated and exchanging data with CNC12
- Direct integration of Probing Cycles into Job Execution: The ProbeApp allows to integrate probing cycles directly into the workflow of job file execution. As an example, adding a simple M58 command into the M6 tool change macro file will allow to measure the tool height offset after every tool change before the job continues
- Multiple Probing Cycles possible before job continues: The ProbeApp has a “Return” feature that can be selected and will allow to execute multiple and/or different probing cycles at each tool change before the job continues. As an example, on the first tool change of a job, a Router user could select a Corner Plate Probing Cycle to set WCS X0 Y0 followed by a Tool Touch Off Cycle to set WCS Z0. In subsequent tool changes, only tool height offset measurements can be selected
Benefits for Mill Users
- Additional Features for the standard, CNC12 built in Probing Cycles: The ProbeApp has enhancements over the CNC12 built-in probing cycles
- WCS # to be reset can be selected
- Selectable Offsets for each Axis
- More direct touch screen user interface
- Additional 3-Axes Probing Cycles: The ProbeApp offers additional probing cycles to directly set triple axes WCS 0 at the center or any corner of a rectangular stock
Check out this short video showing the use of the ProbeApp to set WCS 0 at the center and top of a Rectangular Stock:
- Universal Tool Setter: For mill users with a spindle that has non-fixed tool holders, the ProbeApp offers an Universal Tool Setter to measure tool height offset at every tool change. The Tool Setter probing cycle is highly configurable directly in the app via configuration parameters
Benefits for Router Users
- Multiple Triple Corner Finder Plate Support: The ProbeApp offers extensive support for multiple types of Triple Corner Finder Plates. The plate can be placed on any of the 4 stock corners and any side or corner of the plate can be used to find the stock corner. These are the supported plate types:
- Universal Tool Setter: For Router users with a non-fixed tool holder spindle, the ProbeApp is a must have utility. If you are using the double or single Tool Touch Off Plate method to measure the tool height offset after each tool change (set WCS Z0) and you are using one of those customized mfunc6.mac macros from the Centroid forum, you MUST look at the ProbeApp to replace that macro as it offers a much nicer Touch Screen Interface for your selections and much more flexibility for on the fly probe cycle selection and configuration
The ProbeApp installation doesn’t take more than 1 minute. Make a copy of your "C:\cncm" folder as described in the Installation instructions and you can go back any time to your old installation within seconds.
The first 3 users that post a Youtube video of how they are using the ProbeApp on their system will get a fully licensed version of the ProbeApp.
If you have any questions or issues, please report them within this thread.
ProbeApp User Guide
ProbeApp Installation Instructions
Download Link: removed. Contact me via PM or email me at email@example.com if you are interested in the ProbeApp