Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

List of error codes?

Post by specnaz »

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, being working on my third CNC now, second time with Acorn and Clearpath servos, I was wondering if there is a list of error codes you get in CNC12 to reference to?

I keep getting random 9027 error , gives Axis 3 fault detected and it keeps running after reset button on VCP, it seem to happen if I move Z axis and then try to move Y

Any ideas would be awesome!

Thanks!
Muzzer
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Re: List of error codes?

Post by Muzzer »

Error codes and their meanings are shown at the end of the CNC12 manual (page 328) https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... -v4.12.pdf
Having said that, I don't see 9027, so perhaps there's another list somewhere. The only other mention I see of 9027 on the forum suggests a drive fault viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3673&p=28743&hilit=9027#p28743

Some of the fault descriptions can be a bit cryptic, so may need some explanation. The engineer who wrote the words probably knew what he meant....
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

specnaz wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:07 am Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, being working on my third CNC now, second time with Acorn and Clearpath servos, I was wondering if there is a list of error codes you get in CNC12 to reference to?

I keep getting random 9027 error , gives Axis 3 fault detected and it keeps running after reset button on VCP, it seem to happen if I move Z axis and then try to move Y

Any ideas would be awesome!

Thanks!
As Muzzer pointed out, the Operator's manuals are your friend.
However, if you would post a fresh report when asking for assistance, we can take a look at your logs, configuration to offer suggestions.
As a general rule, you should follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

The more information you provide, the better we can help. Kind of like going to the Doctor and saying I'm sick.... ;)
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The operator's manual documents the error codes that are written into the CNC12 software.

Codes like "9027 ..." are implemented in the PLC program, not in CNC12. Documenting them is up to the author of the PLC program.

One would hope that Centroid would have gotten around, by now, to documenting the PLC-generated error messages in the most common "standard" factory-supplied PLC programs, but if they have, I have not seen it.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

For what it's worth, you can find the messages in the file "plcmsg.txt". For example:

Code: Select all

27 9027 Axis3 Drive Fault Detected
You can cross-reference the message number to the definitions near the beginning of the PLC program source file. For example:

AXIS3_DRIVE_FAULT_MSG		  IS 6913;(1+256*27)
If you search for the message token (e.g. "AXIS3_DRIVE_FAULT_MESSAGE") you will find the logic that reports it. For example:

IF SV_AXIS_VALID_3 && SV_PC_POWER_AXIS_3 && (!Axis3DriveOk && DriveFaultTimer)
  THEN FaultMsg_W = AXIS3_DRIVE_FAULT_MSG, ; 6913(1+256*27)
    SET AxisFault_M
In short, this message is trying to tell you that the axis #3 servo drive is in a fault condition, as reported through the PLC input named "Axis3DriveOk".

A good place to start would be to look at your servo drive and see what fault code it is displaying.
specnaz

Post by specnaz »

sorry for the delay, here's my report.zip attached , i rewired all the connectors with ferules , verified all is well connected and in, then I ran another auto-tune routine on the Clearpath CPM-SDSK-2321S-EQN for my Z axis through USB port on it, reported no issues. Then in CNC12 config I made sure it travels in the right direction, and usually it works, but everytime I try to move Y axis and then very shortly afterwards I try to move Z it throws quick 9027 error, motors turn green right away but i have to hit cycle start to be able to jog. I'm not sure whats going on , Z axis travels very smoothly
Attachments
report_0CB2B7D425D6-0620203445_2020-07-17_23-26-15.zip
(588.71 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

motors turn green right away but i have to hit cycle start to be able to jog.
This is starting to sound like an "enable" issue. The clearpaths motors will fault if not enabled and you try to jog them manually.

For a test, try going to MDI which will enable all axis, then try moving each axis and see what happens.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

I don't think this is the source of the problem you are having at the moment but will definitely become an issue when you try to run actual jobs on your machine:

The performance of your PC is totally inadequate to run CNC12. The minimum single thread CPU performance benchmark that Centroid requests is 1'500 and your CPU has about half of that. Also your are running version 1709 of Windows 10 and the latest version is 2004.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
specnaz

Post by specnaz »

Dave_C wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:08 pm
motors turn green right away but i have to hit cycle start to be able to jog.
This is starting to sound like an "enable" issue. The clearpaths motors will fault if not enabled and you try to jog them manually.

For a test, try going to MDI which will enable all axis, then try moving each axis and see what happens.

Dave C.
ok I will try that,

as far as enable goes, everything is hooked up properly, even in jog mode all three motors turn green which they do only when they are enabled, and this issue seems to be intermittent and only when i more Z axis
specnaz

Post by specnaz »

swissi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:36 pm I don't think this is the source of the problem you are having at the moment but will definitely become an issue when you try to run actual jobs on your machine:

The performance of your PC is totally inadequate to run CNC12. The minimum single thread CPU performance benchmark that Centroid requests is 1'500 and your CPU has about half of that. Also your are running version 1709 of Windows 10 and the latest version is 2004.

-swissi
I'll swap my PC pretty soon with newer Pocono MB that normally run ATM machines, as I have access for free to plenty of them, I don't think this is causing the Z axis motor issue. In motor tuning software that specific motor doesn't report any errors