Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

H10 output pins

Post by curiousMike »

I am trying to connect the output pins on the H10 connector to a clear path MCPV motor without going through the relays. When I assign a function to one of the outputs in the wizard and enable the pin with the M94 command I see I can see the change in state on the led on the board but my multimeter can not find anything. Do I need to provide a 5v source to the VCC to 5v pin to make the IN 1 to IN 8 to work. If not what am I missing.
Thanks
DrLocke
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0C1C57072225-0107202806

Re: H10 output pins

Post by DrLocke »

Looking at the schematic, it shows the 8 output lines and a 5 volt line. The relays operate on when the output line goes to ground (common) and complete the 5 volt circuit through the relay coil. I conclude that the output lines are either presenting a ground or floating. You aren't going to see any voltage on those output lines, they either float or are a ground.
curiousMike

Post by curiousMike »

Thank up Dr Locke. That was exactly the info I was looking for.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

curiousMike wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 pm I am trying to connect the output pins on the H10 connector to a clear path MCPV motor without going through the relays. When I assign a function to one of the outputs in the wizard and enable the pin with the M94 command I see I can see the change in state on the led on the board but my multimeter can not find anything. Do I need to provide a 5v source to the VCC to 5v pin to make the IN 1 to IN 8 to work. If not what am I missing.
Thanks
It does not appear to me that the MCPV series motors accept step and direction signals.
Please explain what you are trying to do and what the application is.
Why would you NOT want to use the dry contact relays?
The outputs on Acorn SINK, that is the device is fed 24VDC and then Acorn output takes the signal to COM to activiate it.
Becareful, you don't damage the Acorn output.

You need to give much more information than you are providing.
PLEASE follow this post. You will get better information if you provide the BIG picture.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Richards

Post by Richards »

The Teknic Clearpath MCPV models would be ideal for tool changers. Those motors have a 16-point position mode where you fill in a table in the Clearpath software, where each position in the table is the desired position (encoder count) for the move. You select which position to move to by toggling the motor's "B" input. You activate the move with the motor's "A" input. Only two signals are required to select between any of 16 positions.
-Mike Richards