Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Wireless MPG quit working (RESOLVED)

Post by TRM »

Turned on my Lathe setup a few tools shut it down to take care of something else and restated everything and the hand held only shows the Batt indicator wireless signal indicator and a little squire blinks when I move the hand wheel. No movement from the machine. I restarted the PC and acorn several times. No luck

I can unplug the USB receiver and the hand held will read Lost RF and display the ID#
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Wireless MPG quit working

Post by martyscncgarage »

Power down the CNC PC. Move the Antenna to another USB port. Power up the CNC PC. Wait a bit while windows finds it.
Turn on the Wireless MPG
Start CNC12

You should see the DRO's on the MPG if you have good communication. Make sure the batteries are good in the MPG. There is a battery level indicator.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
TRM

Post by TRM »

Done that several times. Switched places with other USB devices like the mouse and keyboard. Those devices pick right up and start working.
The battery indicator shows a full set of bars and i replaced the battery's about 4 mouths ago. It doesn't display the normal dash lines like it did before homing the machine. Screen is blank except for the battery indicator and signal strength indicator.
martyscncgarage

TRM wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:34 pm Done that several times. Switched places with other USB devices like the mouse and keyboard. Those devices pick right up and start working.
The battery indicator shows a full set of bars and i replaced the battery's about 4 mouths ago. It doesn't display the normal dash lines like it did before homing the machine. Screen is blank except for the battery indicator and signal strength indicator.
Go into the Wizard and under Wireless MPG, make sure it is enabled and the correct model is selected.
Make sure you have your Pro License loaded.

ALWAYS Post a fresh report.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
TRM

Post by TRM »

I have been run this lathe for well over a year with no changes, not even a update except for new battery's in the hand held.
I opened the wizard and the hand held is selected and I am running the pro licence. The pro licence is required to used the hand held if my memory is correct.
TRM

Post by TRM »

Marty you nailed it. It was in the Wizard. I slowed down and found it.
My question is why did it change?
The one I'm pointing to was set to NO.
thumbnail.jpg
martyscncgarage

TRM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:18 am Marty you nailed it. It was in the Wizard. I slowed down and found it.
My question is why did it change?
The one I'm pointing to was set to NO.
thumbnail.jpg
Well, I don't know. I am GLAD you took the time to at least look and find it.
But you did not post a report. (ALWAYS POST A FRESH REPORT, I could have seen it in the report.)

Now I see you are using an old version of CNC12.
You need to get updated to the latest release which is 4.50

Take the time to take screen shots of all your wizard tabs. Take the time to do a report, F7 Utilities, F7 Create report. Save it ON the computer desktop and off the computer on a USB stick.
Make a back up copy of your CNCM or CNCT directory both on the computer and off the computer on a USB stick.

THEN FOLLOW instructions on installing 4.50:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4457

You will have to reload your license file, which if you can't find the original sent to you by Centroid, you can find it in your old directory, from the Utilitie, Options menu, simply point to that directory and find the license.dat file.

Get upgraded!
(Always post a report when asking for help, it has all the machine's configuration settings in it. It will also help you get back up and running should you have a hard drive or PC crash.)

Glad you are up and running again.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
TRM

Re: Wireless MPG quit working (RESOLVED)

Post by TRM »

There have been a lot of changes made in the control panel. There where changes made so that the single point threading would get out of the thread fast enough to not cut a relief. One setting was to set it up as a gang tool lathe.

What do I do about this? I paid Centroid tech support there hourly rate to help me set this up.
It is pages and pages of numbers. Not all where changed but a lot where.

Sorry for the not posting the report. I haven't been in here in a while, I forgot.
martyscncgarage

TRM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:14 pm There have been a lot of changes made in the control panel. There where changes made so that the single point threading would get out of the thread fast enough to not cut a relief. One setting was to set it up as a gang tool lathe.

What do I do about this? I paid Centroid tech support there hourly rate to help me set this up.
It is pages and pages of numbers. Not all where changed but a lot where.

Sorry for the not posting the report. I haven't been in here in a while, I forgot.
You post a FRESH REPORT.
You post the G-CODE
You post the Intercon file here.
If you did not use Intercon to produce the code, explain what you used to draw it, what CAD program and what CAM program and the Post Processor.
Post a picture of the machine, spindle/tool area.

Dana is Centroid's resident lathe guy. He'll take a look at as will the rest of us if you post it in a new post.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
TRM

Post by TRM »

I will post the report. No code and no tooling setup. Lots of research trial and err to make what I'm making.
I wrote the code line by line in Note. It is a gang tool lathe. It was working flawlessly. Hundreds of parts. Start the machine home it out and push cycle start and go. Then one day the hand held don't work. It was a setting in the wizard had changed from "yes" to "no". I haven't opened wizard in over a year after a got it like I wanted it.