Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E8EB1128AAC4-0405180824
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

4.50 Upgrade

Post by JerryLouisMartin »

I attempted to upgrade to 4.50. Tried multiple times, an failed.

Software fails to install Inputs and Outputs to the Clearpath HDSK & SDHP to the Axis Motor Configuration.

I removed all the Lathe Software from my system and downloaded 4.50 to give a fresh and clean install

Tried three times, and failed, cannot get Axis and Motor to take ClearPath.

Worked before and prior to upgrade.

Also software does not recongnize my Acorn Lathe Pro software, only loaded the free software.
Attachments
report_E8EB1128AAC4-0405180824_2020-06-16_15-59-21.zip
(564.24 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
AXIS MOTOR CONFIGURATION.PNG
Acorn Inputs.PNG
Outputs.PNG
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: 4.50 Upgrade

Post by martyscncgarage »

JerryLouisMartin wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:29 pm I attempted to upgrade to 4.50. Tried multiple times, an failed.

Software fails to install Inputs and Outputs to the Clearpath HDSK & SDHP to the Axis Motor Configuration.

I removed all the Lathe Software from my system and downloaded 4.50 to give a fresh and clean install

Tried three times, and failed, cannot get Axis and Motor to take ClearPath.

Worked before and prior to upgrade.

Also software does not recongnize my Acorn Lathe Pro software, only loaded the free software.
First, I assume you created fresh reports from your previous version of CNC12. Both in the reportbackup subdirectory and a thumbdrive
Second, I assume you took screen shots of all your Wizard screesn from your previous version of CNC12
Third, I assume you made a backup copy of your working CNC directory. Both on the CNC PC and on a USB thumb drive.

When you choose clear path do you click the LOAD DRIVE button at the bottom of the page?
You have to reload your license. Assuming you have the file (it should be in the copy of the folder you made before the upgrade, just go to the Utilities menu, click option and point it to your license.dat file.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
JerryLouisMartin
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Am I wrong to expect the inputs and outputs to show on the loaded Output drvie picture that I Posted.

On this version of software it does not show here? Something incorrect? Shows nothing
Attachments
Clear Path old.PNG
JerryLouisMartin

I have the license now correct, but still at a loss on why it is not showing here as it did on the old version of software.

Is it correct,? Should it or shouldn't?
martyscncgarage

JerryLouisMartin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am I have the license now correct, but still at a loss on why it is not showing here as it did on the old version of software.

Is it correct,? Should it or shouldn't?
NO, it won't. You did a fresh install of the software. You have to reload the license when you do that.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

There are two ways to install v4.5 outlined in the video and the installation instructions.
1.) Fresh Install = just like starting from scratch, has nothing to do with your old installation of cnc12
2.) Update from previous version. = uses a report.zip file from the previous version to restore the settings in the wizard and cnc12 automatically.

don't mix the two methods, choose one or the other, each way works. follow the video and instructions to the T.
found here on this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4457#p36487
and it works.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
JerryLouisMartin

I have not been able to get the Axis Motor Drive Page to accept the Inputs and Outputs and post them. Stays blank.

I did multiple clean installs and tried to update an old version and I receive the same issue.

The 4.50 will not allow me to control spindle speed on plus and minus on the controls

I'm also unable to control the speed on the High, Medium and Low Speed Control. I pointed all three of them to the correct file and skin. All go straight to max speed on their specific macros.
martyscncgarage

JerryLouisMartin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:25 pm I have not been able to get the Axis Motor Drive Page to accept the Inputs and Outputs and post them. Stays blank.

I did multiple clean installs and tried to update an old version and I receive the same issue.

The 4.50 will not allow me to control spindle speed on plus and minus on the controls

I'm also unable to control the speed on the High, Medium and Low Speed Control. I pointed all three of them to the correct file and skin. All go straight to max speed on their specific macros.
What exactly do you mean "I have not been able to get the Axis Motor Drive Page to accept the Inputs and Outputs and "post" them"
Please explain this....you can't drag over the inputs to the input or output box and then Write Settings to save them?
Mesa, AZ
JerryLouisMartin

When I drag inputs to post it in the agregated input page and the same for the output, load the drive and save it to the configuration file ,is it not suppose to show up on the axis motor configuration page under inputs and outputs. Followed the vido exactly.

If you look above you see the screen capture mine, has nothing in it for inputs and outputs, but when I go back to the inputs and outputs they are there correctly just not on axis configuration page.

It is my belief that the software became corrupted when I downloaded it across my Satellite and the only way to fix it, is to blow my mill and lathe versions away with a new download from fiber and see if my problem goes away for my inputs and outputs.
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

jerry, you have to post a fresh report.zip for us to be able to help you, you should also consider paying for 1:1 technical support so a tech can remote into your machine and walk you thru the setup. :-)
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html