Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0479B7ABD9A2-0313203047
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Changes in Wizard not saved, cannot set Home

Post by mrprecise »

The Wizard did generate a cncm.hom file, as specified in the Wizard.

lI cannot use the Wizard, because the cncm.hom file became corrupted when I opened it with Notebook. Apparently, it appended a txt, which is not visible.
I have posted several times the direction the table must move to go to the home switches.
The Y axis must move in the minus direction( table moving away from you), the X axis must move in the minus direction (table moving to your right), and the Z axis moves in the plus direction (Z axis moving up.)
The direction settings in the Wizard for the home commands are for Z, M92+ ; for Y, M91- ; and for X, M91-

The machine X0.000 is with table all the way to the right, and it can move 10.75" in the plus direction (table all the way to the left.)

However, as I have said before, if I power cycle the CNC12 ; off/on, when I look at the settings with the Wizard, they are ALL reset to M92+.
This behavoir of the M91- settings by the Wizard in the direction boxes, all changing back to M92+ after a power cycle has been from day-one.

Because of the Wizard unable to load, due to the apparent name problem ( I can open the file with Notebook, and it looks OK, and the end of the file is:
M26/Z
M26/Y
M26/X

But, when I have tried to set home per the auto home pushing the button on the screen, and followed by the green Cycle Start, a bunch of printing scrolls down, followed by the three M26/6; M26/Y; M26/X , and in about 1 or 2 seconds all disappear from the screen; and NO motion ever begins.

My understanding is the M26/Z command means for the Z axis to go to the Home switch, using the direction settings set by the Wizard.

I have looked at the Frequency setting in param 968, and it is set to 12 = 100,000 which should be OK.

So, at this stage I have tried to re-install CNC12. The Heartbeat is working 1/second. I does not load the MPU as before, so I am doing something wrong and am now wanting to learn the exact steps to follow to get the program working again.

John
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

ALWAYS Post a Fresh Report, but from what you are saying, now you can not load CNC12.
You DO NOT need to go into parameters. You DO NOT need to edit the CNCM.HOM file. The Wizard does all that for you. Avoid doing this.
You will NOT be able to home to switches until the system is configured properly.
If it were me, I would start with a fresh install, just get CNC12 and the CNCPC communicating with each other.
I think at this point you need paid technical support from Centroid John. You will need Teamviewer loaded and your CNCPC conntected to the internet.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

No, M26/Z does not cause Z to move to a home switch.

M26/Z sets machine home on the Z axis, to be wherever it happens to be sitting.

To home to a switch, you need M91 or M92. For example, M92/Z will home Z in the plus direction, using whatever switch input is designated as the Z+ home.

Typically, a homing macro on a machine with suitable switches will have an M91 or M92 for each axis, followed by an M26 for that axis (so that it will locate the switch, then set machine home at the just-off-the-switch location).
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Also: search this forum for "Windows hide extensions for known file types".

Follow the instructions you find, to fix your Windows configuration so that you can see the difference between "cncm.hom" and "cncm.hom.txt".
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by tblough »

You don't even have to search for it. I did the work for you about 8 posts back.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.