Acorn CNC12 version 4.5 has been released!

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

zgkonig
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Acorn CNC12 version 4.5 has been released!

Post by zgkonig »

Image[/img]hello I have insta
hello I have installed the new version 4.5 and when verifying the version this version 4.14 appears to me, why is this?
hello I have installed the new version 4.5 and when verifying the version this version 4.14 appears to me, why is this?
lled the new version 4.5 and when verifying the version this version 4.14 appears to me, why is this?
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Post by ShawnM »

Glad to hear it Edward, someone here always has the answer because they've been there or done that. :mrgreen:
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

zgkonig wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 pm Image[/img]hello I have insta20200629_173746.jpglled the new version 4.5 and when verifying the version this version 4.14 appears to me, why is this?
try and and follow the instructions carefully. that is v4.14 not v4.5
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
CSXAL
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3085

Post by CSXAL »

Hey Keith, Do you know if there is a bug with updating to 4.5 from 4.20.1 and 4.5 not taking the import of Pro license? I upgraded today from 4.20.1 and I have the pro version and even after importing license dat file several times, it is not changing software from free version to Pro? I emailed into support earlier today and didn’t get a response on correcting issue. Without it working as pro, my MPC pendant isn’t working.

Thanks,
Al
CSXAL
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3085

Post by CSXAL »

Keith,
I called the office this morning and they just emailed me a new license number. That one worked.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

CSXAL wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 pm Hey Keith, Do you know if there is a bug with updating to 4.5 from 4.20.1 and 4.5 not taking the import of Pro license? I upgraded today from 4.20.1 and I have the pro version and even after importing license dat file several times, it is not changing software from free version to Pro? I emailed into support earlier today and didn’t get a response on correcting issue. Without it working as pro, my MPC pendant isn’t working.

Thanks,
Al
hello. there are no bugs related to reusing your existing license file. be sure NOT to use an Apple computer to download the Acorn License file or transfer it to USB stick etc..
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
knastenrad

Post by knastenrad »

Finally i also got the time to update to 4.5.
Went smooth upgrading from the previous version :)
I really like the new look and added functions .
Thumbs up!
Also added a couple of functions to show Probe tripped , and Tool Touch with indicators on the VCP.
However after entering parts setup-->probing, i saw a new feature that i assume shall show the probe tripped.
This does not show anything even if the indicators i added works (the "probe" and "tool touch off" works)
Do i need to have the "Probe and Tool touch off detect" inputs activated for this function to show in the part setup-->probing menu?
( i do not have these inputs activated now, probe still works)

video:

attached report
Attachments
Cnc backup.zip
(11.59 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

knastenrad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:35 pm Finally i also got the time to update to 4.5.
Thumbs up!
Also added a couple of functions to show Probe tripped , and Tool Touch with indicators on the VCP.
However after entering parts setup-->probing, i saw a new feature that i assume shall show the probe tripped.
This does not show anything even if the indicators i added works (the "probe" and "tool touch off" works)
Do i need to have the "Probe and Tool touch off detect" inputs activated for this function to show in the part setup-->probing menu?

attached report
hello. are you using a NC or NO touch probe?
knastenrad

Post by knastenrad »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am
knastenrad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:35 pm Finally i also got the time to update to 4.5.
Thumbs up!

attached report
hello. are you using a NC or NO touch probe?
The probes(both touchprobe and toolsetter) brakes contact when triggered , so the contacts in the probe is NC then
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

knastenrad wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 pm
The probes(both touchprobe and toolsetter) brakes contact when triggered , so the contacts in the probe is NC then
You need to read the Probe Setup Guide. A Touch Probe of type NC is only supported with a ProbeDetect Input.

The Touch Probe does work without a Detect Input and nothing bad happens as long as you keep the TP connected. As soon as you disconnect the TP, CNC12 will see this as a Probe Tripped signal and will engage probe protection.

While CNC12 still recognizes a trip signal from an NC type TP without a Detect Signal, the Probe Image on the CNC12 Probing page does not show a trip when the Detect Signal is not present.

-swissi

UPDATE:
When I said "nothing bad happens" above, you need to be aware that any TP setup without a Detect Signal does not enable the Spindle Inhibitor. That means if you have the TP mounted in the Spindle with a cable attached and you turn on the spindle by accident, it might destroy your cable or even your TP.
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com