Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F6E589-0410203112
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

M_Comp_Travel Limits

Post by Gmachine »

Hi I my name is Chris and I am new to this forum and have been a machinist for 20 years. First I would like to add that the Centroid Acorn CNC controller and CNC 12 is a superior control and program and I highly recommend it for machine builds or retrofits.

Maybe someone can help with one slight issue I am having?

The issue is with generating m comp tables. I set my machine limits when I first started the controller X-13 Y-8.5 Z-15. Later I changed the X to -15 and Y to -8. The new limits are not loading into the m comp table. I can not change the x or y to what I want. I attached pictures of table error and limits I set.

Can someone out there please help with this issue?
Attachments
M_Comp6.JPG
M_Comp5.JPG
M_Comp4.JPG
M_Comp3.JPG
M_Comp2.JPG
M_Comp1.JPG
cncsnw

Re: M_Comp_Travel Limits

Post by cncsnw »

If you don't have any compensation values entered that you want to preserve, just delete the *.tab files (cnc-x.tab, cnc-y.tab, cnc-z.tab).

If you have values you want to preserve, you can hand-edit the tables, but this takes some effort. See http://www.cncsnw.com/LaserComp.htm. Since you have "version 3" tables, it might be as simple as changing the number of entries and deleting the excess lines.
Gmachine
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F6E589-0410203112
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Gmachine »

Thanks for the reply.
Deleted tables 3 times. Reloaded new drive configuration 3 times no mater what I enter for XYZ limits the X is only listing up to -13.00" and Y is listing up to -8.5" There is now way to add or delete form the table that I have found. I read the manual and it is supposed to generate comp table off of limits but for some reason it is defaulting to my original set values. The machine travels to X-15 and Y-8 and stops. That is correct but table will not regenerate with new limit values.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

You violated the rule: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043 :)

That said, ALWAYS post a FRESH report when asking for assistance.....we can't SEE what you SEE
Thanks for your understanding!

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ