CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19E816BA-1128170280
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Probe and tool touch off setup

Post by Angelos13 »

Hi,

I did look a lot off information but it didn't answer my setup.
I have a Probe setup with with probe detect and fixed Tool touch off sensor.
I just need to setup the machine so it will probe the part for z offset or manually set z0 and do all the rest of tool changes with the tool touch off.
Which macro I do use, everything i have tried is asking me for a movable touch off plate, and it wants to setup the param 71.
I don't want to use a movable touch off plate, I can do it with a probe or just manually with the paper trick.

Angelos
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Probe and tool touch off setup

Post by ShawnM »

You could start with the macros you have from the forum and then modify it to do what you want. Is this a mill or router? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you probe the part don't you then need to change the probe out for a cutter? Do you have them all measured in your tool library?

The "paper trick" may work and be "close enough" but why not let the software do everything for you? It's fully automatic and works great, no fussing around with paper. :mrgreen:

If you still want to do it manually then a modified macro will be your best option. I started with one of the macros from this forum and highly modified it to do exactly what I want and it works AMAZING, everytime. I also have 2 post processors, one for single tool jobs and one for tool change jobs and the touch off procedures are different for each.

Good luck.
Angelos13
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19E816BA-1128170280

Re: Probe and tool touch off setup

Post by Angelos13 »

I tried the macros from the forum and the ones I tried (not all of them, around 6) keeps asking to put the movable plate under the first tool and the rest can be done automatically. I have a probe and want to let the machine do the work. It is on a mini mill. That is why I'm looking for a macro to do that. I set up a router with planetCNC that way. I don't know how to change a macro.