Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Two Acorn Boards from Same Computer

Post by Marik »

Hey folks,

Is it possible to control two different Acorn gang tool lathes with pro bundles from the same computer? Obviously, they will not work simultaneously. I guess, the question is if it is possible to install two Centroid lathe systems on the same computer...

Thanks, M
carbuthn
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: Two Acorn Boards from Same Computer

Post by carbuthn »

Marik,

Try searching for +two +Acorn +same +computer using the gear symbol next to search this topic from the main page. It should show you a previous post viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3874&p=30969&hilit ... ter#p30933 that should answer your question.

Chuck
Attachments
Annotation 2020-05-15 214237.jpg
Annotation 2020-05-15 214352.jpg
tkbot47
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: haven't installed CNC12 yet
CNC11: Yes

Re: Two Acorn Boards from Same Computer

Post by tkbot47 »

Marik wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 pm Hey folks,

Is it possible to control two different Acorn gang tool lathes with pro bundles from the same computer? Obviously, they will not work simultaneously. I guess, the question is if it is possible to install two Centroid lathe systems on the same computer...

Thanks, M
I do it with no problems using a Netgear Gigaswitch. The PC ethernet goes to the switch, and the two Acorn ethernets go to the switch as well. Use shielded ethernet cable throughout, and switching is automatic when the CNC12 pro installation corresponding to the appropriate machine is started. You are correct - you cannot operate them simultaneously, and the two installations must be in separate directories with separate licenses, tied to the appropriate Acorn board. I'm running a mill and lathe from one computer, one Lathe Pro and one Mill Pro installation.