Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New DMM Servo install

Post by Raceman17 »

I really dont know where the problem is on my system yet. All my previous wiring was done just like mike and tom had previously shown. The reason why I seemed so confused is because i had everything wired like it was shown in the dyn4 manaul and I was still getting jerky movements.

So this morning I took out everything that wasnt need in the system and I just direct wired the drives up to 240vac one at a time and tuned them. I took out the line reactor and noise filters as well. Everything seemed to be running MUCH MUCH smoother. I was even able to run a program to move the full extents of the table. So now my next step is to start figure out what components I really need to get this system running. I need to deep dive into Marty's post he started about DMM systems and go from there.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Keep us posted....
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Raceman17
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Raceman17 »

Today I installed the homing switches and have now ran into yet another issue. When the machine travels to the homing switches z then y then x one drive will fault out as an over heat fault. I can reset the drive and home again and then it will fault out again. This fault is happening seconds after if finishes the homing sequence. If I do not use the homing routine and just set x y and z home positions it will not fault out. I can run a basic program and the machine will run with no faults. Also, when the drive faults out my z axis is dropping about .015" before the brake release kicks in. Is there a parameter I can change to change the timing of the brake release so it will release the brake before power is removed from the drive like when it faults out. Another option is to use the DYN4 drive to control the brake release. Amy suggestions on how to do this? I've got premade cables and the brake release is in the db25 connector. Do I just take that connector apart and solder wires to the correct pin location as shown in the manual and run the wires to a relay to control the brake that way?
martyscncgarage

Raceman17 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 pm Today I installed the homing switches and have now ran into yet another issue. When the machine travels to the homing switches z then y then x one drive will fault out as an over heat fault. I can reset the drive and home again and then it will fault out again. This fault is happening seconds after if finishes the homing sequence. If I do not use the homing routine and just set x y and z home positions it will not fault out. I can run a basic program and the machine will run with no faults. Also, when the drive faults out my z axis is dropping about .015" before the brake release kicks in. Is there a parameter I can change to change the timing of the brake release so it will release the brake before power is removed from the drive like when it faults out. Another option is to use the DYN4 drive to control the brake release. Amy suggestions on how to do this? I've got premade cables and the brake release is in the db25 connector. Do I just take that connector apart and solder wires to the correct pin location as shown in the manual and run the wires to a relay to control the brake that way?
Are you ABSOLUTELY sure they are not hitting hard stops? I assume you can watch the diagonstic screen before hitting cycle start to home the machine and jog each axis until the switch trips successfully?

With respect to your Z axis brake. Sad part is, if you fault, you better rehome the machine. Control has no idea where the axis are after the fault. So, I don't think I would stress over the brake issue and the bit of drop before its caught. IF the control saw the drop via encoder feedback, You could likely continue on after cycling the Estop.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

The machine is not hitting the stops. When I installed the switches i moved the axis until each hit the stop then backed off .5 inches. I then installed the switches at that location when the switches were compressed in the open position. There is definitely something going on with the homing sequence though. It happens almost automatic. Heres a video. The machine homes then 20 seconds later it faults out.
martyscncgarage

Is the fault any specific axis or is it random?
Is your drive logic power on all the time and NOT on the load side of the Estop Contactor?
Mesa, AZ
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

The faults are random on each of the axis. The power to the logic of the drives is directly wired to 240vac and I am turning them off and on with a 50 amp plug. The estop is wired to input 8 like shown in the wiring diagram.
martyscncgarage

Raceman17 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:43 pm The faults are random on each of the axis. The power to the logic of the drives is directly wired to 240vac and I am turning them off and on with a 50 amp plug. The estop is wired to input 8 like shown in the wiring diagram.
That is very odd.
I can't help but wonder if noise is playing a part....
I'm at a loss as to what to suggest.

Could you take an updated picture of your control cabinet and post it please?
Mesa, AZ
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

Here is what I have. Everything is wired direct 240vac connected to a contactor to turn everything on. There is a separate power supply to operate the brake release. It is tied into a mechanical relay. The estop is connected to input 8. It will fault out every single time the homing sequence is ran. If I dont run the sequence I can run a program. The one I'm running is about 30 mins long and it runs with no faults.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200409-134931_Gallery.jpg
martyscncgarage

What kind of home switches do you have? Mechanical? How are they wired?
I'm a little concerned about your wiring...
Mesa, AZ