Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3403DE6EC817-0919192465
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: DMM Dyn4 Drive Faults, Noise/Feedback Issues

Post by H&W CNC »

Yes i did swap Z axis drive and motor with the Y. When i get up to the top i start getting a louder hum and then it trips out so i don't know what setting to start with? I am just commanding it through DDMRV with only the Z axis on and Acorn powered off and unplugged and it still faults.

Here are my current settings they told me to put in and its faulting.
DYN4 Setting Driver Parameters and Mode.jpeg
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

I can't help you with the settings as I run the tuning process once the motors move and are stable.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Support the head up with ratchet straps and see if it faults.

Have you removed the Z axis motor and simply laid it on the table, will it trip without a load?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
H&W CNC
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by H&W CNC »

Yes i removed the motor and it will not trip without a load on it, unless i didn't wait long enough but i ran it solid for a long time and pushed on the shaft with a wooden handle trying to create some kind of pressure and nothing.
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

H&W CNC wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:39 pm Yes i did swap Z axis drive and motor with the Y. When i get up to the top i start getting a louder hum and then it trips out so i don't know what setting to start with? I am just commanding it through DDMRV with only the Z axis on and Acorn powered off and unplugged and it still faults.

Here are my current settings they told me to put in and its faulting.
DYN4 Setting Driver Parameters and Mode.jpeg
I'm having some faults on my z axis drive aswell in a retrofit I'm doing. I'm using dyn4 drives though. My manual has a flow chart called "gain tuning procedure flow" see if your manual for your drives has that flow chart as well. It will tell you what parameters to adjust based on what the servos are doing. My chart tells me if the servo is making noise to decrease both the main gain and speed gain. I did it on my setup and it worked. I'm still getting an over voltage fault once my z axis is lowered in acorn though. DMM also told me that autotune wont work for z axis.
H&W CNC

Post by H&W CNC »

I have Dyn4's also but this chart hasn't seem to help me with Over Heat/Over Current? I have been up and down it multiple times but still get faults when my Z axis is just sitting trying to hold position. I have DMM 750w Servos. If you have any advise though i am open to any ideas?

How big is you machine? I have a PM 940 is your Z axis that size? Also what size of Servos do you have, or what motors?
Attachments
Chart
Chart
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

I'm doing a retrofit on a Bridgeport 1000 vmc. It's a 7500# full blown cnc machine. I've got the following servos and drives.

DYN4-T01A2-00 DYN4 AC Servo Drive - T01 Frame
1.3~1.8kW servo motor

115-DST-A6HK1 130mm Frame, 1.3kW, Keyed Shaft, 200V

DYN4-H01A2-00 DYN4 AC Servo Drive - H01 Frame
0.75~1.0kW servo motor

11A-DST-A6HKB 130mm Frame, 1.0kW, 200V Class, Keyed Shaft, +24VDC holding brake

All of my servos and drives were speced out by dmm. I have the old manual for the machine so I had alot of good info for them to size everything correctly supposedly.

I've been working with dmm on the issues I'm having over the past couple of days. I had an over heat issue on mine just moving the axis while I was testing the servos for the first time on the machine. I had to put a fan on the drives and that fixed the problem with the over heat issue. I have been testing without the line reactor and line filters. All of those parts will arrive tomorrow and I can test them with the line isolator and filters as recommended by dmm. My over voltage fault happens when I command the z axis down in acorn after a few times.

I'll post back here what DMM says. I have been getting great customer support from them.
H&W CNC

Post by H&W CNC »

What type of fan are you using to cool that fast on the housing of the servo?

Mine have 249v going to them what was yours for over voltage? Or was it being over voltage applied by the drive?

They spec'd mine out also and they say the Z is plenty big.

Well maybe they have been helping you that's why i couldn't get a hold of them lol. They started out great but as the problem continues the responses becomes slower. And i haven't been able to reach them by phone but twice, and have left multiple messages. I asked yesterday if they could call and remote in, i have cameras and everything so of we can figure it out.
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

I'm doing all my support through email. I haven't called once. I started with just a small square box fan. 12" x 12" or so just blowing over them. Today I added a regular 6 or 8in muffin fan made for cooling. My input voltage is right around 240 volts. I added a 45 amp line reactor and emi filters to the system today and still got the same fault. DMM gave me 3 different settings to try on the servo setup and they didnt make any difference. My faults always happen when the z is commanded down on any speed over 50 ipm. I can raise the z up at over 300 ipm with no faults. They seem to think it needs a regenerative resistor so I ordered it today from them. Tomorrow I'm gonna model up the head and do a rough estimate of how much it weights and let them see if it's close to what they calculated. At least they still have one more size up motor I can go if I need to. That still might be an option if the resistor doesnt work.
Raceman17

Post by Raceman17 »

So I did a quick cad model of the head and it weights about 1500lbs. I talked with dmm and they think they made a mistake when calculating the z axis servo size. They think it best for me to step up to the 1.8kw motor and also put on the resistor. Hopefully they will ship it out tomorrow. If you can send me your name I will ask my tech person I'm working with to see if he can see what's going on with your servos.