Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: DMM Dyn4 Drive Faults, Noise/Feedback Issues

Post by martyscncgarage »

Black Forest wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm It would seem to me that a planetary gearbox between servo and screw would solve these problems and be easy to install. Not some cobbled together counterweight or gas shocks.
Gearbox has to be quality zero backlash and be able to sustain the torque. But possible

Counterweights are common. On a machine this size, I have seen the Gas spring (not shock) used as well.....as long it or they are quality should be OK GUDEN makes good gas springs. Just suggestions, he could also get yet a larger servo motor....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
H&W CNC
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3403DE6EC817-0919192465
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: DMM Dyn4 Drive Faults, Noise/Feedback Issues

Post by H&W CNC »

I thought i would follow up on my issue here for others that may have had or have the same issue as me. I ended up ordering the 86H-DHT-A6MK1 1.0kW motor from DMM for my Z Axis and installed on my PM 940 and it works like a dream with stock setup settings. I have sent one of the 750w motors back to them that i believe was the original one on the Z Axis to see if they find any issues but don't believe they will as i tried all three motors and drives on the Z Axis with identical results. Only thing i can attest to the issue is the motor was too small? I appreciate all the help and troubleshooting. Thanks Again