home to switches does not work (RESOLVED)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

puffin101
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: home to switches does not work

Post by puffin101 »

I would like to use the g540 inputs. Does that mean that I should remove the "FirstAxisHomeLimitOk" definitions on the wizard input page?

When I use the Alt-I page here is what happens:
When I physically press the Z axis switch the input 1 led goes red and the screen says that the X+ axis switch (#50001) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the screen says X+ switch has cleared
When I press the X axis switch the input 2 led goes red and the screen says that the Y+ axis switch (#50005) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the Y+ axis is cleared
When I press the Y axis switch the input 3 led goes red and the screen says that the Z+ axis switch (#50003) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the Z+ switch is cleared.

I think I am confused as how to correlate a particular axis switch with the right input number.

On the G540 the Z limit switch is on the first connector, X is on the second and y is on the third.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

puffin101 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm I would like to use the g540 inputs. Does that mean that I should remove the "FirstAxisHomeLimitOk" definitions on the wizard input page?

When I use the Alt-I page here is what happens:
When I physically press the Z axis switch the input 1 led goes red and the screen says that the X+ axis switch (#50001) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the screen says X+ switch has cleared
When I press the X axis switch the input 2 led goes red and the screen says that the Y+ axis switch (#50005) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the Y+ axis is cleared
When I press the Y axis switch the input 3 led goes red and the screen says that the Z+ axis switch (#50003) has been tripped. Let go and the led goes green and the Z+ switch is cleared.

I think I am confused as how to correlate a particular axis switch with the right input number.

On the G540 the Z limit switch is on the first connector, X is on the second and y is on the third.
Its ok to keep them on G540 but you will have to assign the inputs as follows
Input 1 = Z Home/Limit
Input 2 = X Home/Limit
Input 3 = Y Home/Limit

Now what end of the axis are the switches on? You will have to tell CNC12 which way to move to trip them.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
puffin101

Post by puffin101 »

Guys thank you so much for your help. I moved the switches around on the g540 until they matched what was being said to have been tripped on the Alt-I page. Now it is homing to switches properly. Your patience with me is much appreciated. Thank you!!!!!
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

puffin101 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:04 pm Guys thank you so much for your help. I moved the switches around on the g540 until they matched what was being said to have been tripped on the Alt-I page. Now it is homing to switches properly. Your patience with me is much appreciated. Thank you!!!!!
Awesome!
All we ask in return is that you do a small video when the machine is running and pan to CNC12 while its running. Post to the Success Stories forum.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Black Forest

Post by Black Forest »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 pm
puffin101 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:04 pm Guys thank you so much for your help. I moved the switches around on the g540 until they matched what was being said to have been tripped on the Alt-I page. Now it is homing to switches properly. Your patience with me is much appreciated. Thank you!!!!!
Awesome!
All we ask in return is that you do a small video when the machine is running and pan to CNC12 while its running. Post to the Success Stories forum.

Marty
And a roll of toilet paper sent to those that helped you out! :D