Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3403DE6EC817-0919192465
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

DMM Dyn4 Homing and Setup Issues

Post by H&W CNC »

I am having issues with my DMM Dyn4 drives and 750w AC Servos 86M-DHT-A6MK1. First issue I am having is with homing for the X axis. I hooked everything up and home the switches and everything seem great. But when I started running some commands to check accuracy, I found issues in the X axis. After homing all Axis, I had X0 Y0 Z0 and I put in G1 X-1 F10 and X moved 2 inches. So, I tried Z and Y and they moved exactly 1”, so I shut everything down for the night. Tonight, I fired everything back up and homed the switches. Except tonight X after homing says X +1. So, I shut it down and homed again and same results. So, I typed in G1 X-1 F10 and of course it moved 2 inches which makes sense because it thinks 0 is +1. So, it moves +1 to 0 to -1, which is 2 inches. So, my question is what changed and why can’t I get X to home to 0? It moved yesterday 2” with a X0 which made no sense but today it says x+1 which would make sense for a 2” move but I need it to be X0? I am using Home all on Input 5, dont have the ZRI hooked up yet and a Servo on XYZ.

Second issue is DMM doesn’t seem to know what the settings are for DMM Dyn4’s with the acorn board. I cannot get a clear answer on the setup in the Drive and also the Acorn wizard. First, I have 5mm (5.08) screws and DMM Dyn4 drives and 750w AC Servos 86M-DHT-A6MK1. I would like to know what the Gear Number, Steps/Revolution, Step Rate etc… Also the Z axis once returning to Home it will sit for awhile then it will just randomly fault out? Like it has a issue with holding the Z axis or something. Its so random but happens more often then not? Also what is the Inverted Signal they say don't do that? When contacting DMM i get mixed messages on what settings to use.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have attached everything I could think of, Pictures, Video, Manuals, Screenshots, Log Report. Please advise if there is anything else that could help. Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4MDyrMES7sDFSWHN7
Attachments
S14989-ACORN_rev4_DMM_DYN4_with_DMM_INTERFACE_CABLE.pdf
DMM Dyn4 and Acorn Schematic
(174.05 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
report_3403DE6EC817-0919192465_2020-03-24_18-12-07.zip
3/24/2020 Report
(274.67 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
2210P1805-EN.pdf
DMM Setup Guide
(274.5 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
DYN4MS-ZM7-A10A.pdf
Dyn4 Manual
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
DYN4 AC Servo Drive to Centroid Acorn - 5040427.pdf
Acorn Setup
(398.49 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: DMM Dyn4 Homing and Setup Issues

Post by martyscncgarage »

H&W CNC wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:42 pm I am having issues with my DMM Dyn4 drives and 750w AC Servos 86M-DHT-A6MK1. First issue I am having is with homing for the X axis. I hooked everything up and home the switches and everything seem great. But when I started running some commands to check accuracy, I found issues in the X axis. After homing all Axis, I had X0 Y0 Z0 and I put in G1 X-1 F10 and X moved 2 inches. So, I tried Z and Y and they moved exactly 1”, so I shut everything down for the night. Tonight, I fired everything back up and homed the switches. Except tonight X after homing says X +1. So, I shut it down and homed again and same results. So, I typed in G1 X-1 F10 and of course it moved 2 inches which makes sense because it thinks 0 is +1. So, it moves +1 to 0 to -1, which is 2 inches. So, my question is what changed and why can’t I get X to home to 0? It moved yesterday 2” with a X0 which made no sense but today it says x+1 which would make sense for a 2” move but I need it to be X0? I am using Home all on Input 5, dont have the ZRI hooked up yet and a Servo on XYZ.

Second issue is DMM doesn’t seem to know what the settings are for DMM Dyn4’s with the acorn board. I cannot get a clear answer on the setup in the Drive and also the Acorn wizard. First, I have 5mm (5.08) screws and DMM Dyn4 drives and 750w AC Servos 86M-DHT-A6MK1. I would like to know what the Gear Number, Steps/Revolution, Step Rate etc… Also the Z axis once returning to Home it will sit for awhile then it will just randomly fault out? Like it has a issue with holding the Z axis or something. Its so random but happens more often then not? Also what is the Inverted Signal they say don't do that? When contacting DMM i get mixed messages on what settings to use.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have attached everything I could think of, Pictures, Video, Manuals, Screenshots, Log Report. Please advise if there is anything else that could help. Thanks

Whoa....lots going on.
Did you assemble all of this on the bench first and do a bench test? Nothing should be connected to the machine until you ascertain that all drives and motors are working properly.

Set Gear number and line number both to 2000 in DMMDRV
DO NOT CHANGE THE INVERT IN DMMDRV! ACORN Handles that. That is a special application.
Use the Centroid Wizard to Set for DYN4 drives
Set steps per motor rev to 8000 in the Wizard.

START with that first.....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
H&W CNC
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by H&W CNC »

Did you assemble all of this on the bench first and do a bench test? Nothing should be connected to the machine until you ascertain that all drives and motors are working properly.
Yes, I did all the bench test on all three Drives and Motors and everything worked as intended without issues (but there was no load on the motors).

Set Gear number and line number both to 2000 in DMMDRV. Changed this morning (and no change in regards to homing)

DO NOT CHANGE THE INVERT IN DMMDRV! ACORN Handles that. Are you referring to the ACTIVE LOW setting in DMMRV?

Use the Centroid Wizard to Set for DYN4 drives
Set steps per motor rev to 8000 in the Wizard.
Yes each axis is set for 8000 in the wizard currently and previously (screenshots are in the google drive folder)

I ran some brake in codes on the machine and everything seem to do well, but when i started to setup the machine for accuracy is when the homing issue came into effect? The X homing has said X0 for 3-4 days when i started it up. It was just the other day when i commanded a G1 X-1 F10 it went 2 inches so i started looking. But found nothing, so the next day i fired everything up and homed the AXIS and X was +1? I feel like the homing is a setting somewhere that got changed but i am unaware of doing that or what possibly could have changed?

And the faulting i feel like is is a growing pain adjustment on the settings to get the Gain and all that set correctly?
I tried the Auto tuning on the Z but haven't had any luck, DMM said people have trouble with that?

Please advise if you need anything else i will gladly send it over. Thanks Again
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Review the following subjects:
1) Work coordinate systems (G54-G59)
2) Local vs. Machine coordinate display (Alt-D)
3) Setting Part Zero using F1/Setup -> F1/Part
4) Setting Part Zero using the shortcut key on the wireless MPG, or a shortcut Aux key
H&W CNC

Post by H&W CNC »

Ok, i started working through your list and didn't clearly see i anything about X0 and how it could have changed. Then I am not to work coordinates yet either because i didn't have homing set correct yet so those topics didnt present anything i seen.

But during reading through things i came across something in the manual (3.3 F3 - MDI). So i homed everything and had a (X+1, Z0, Y0), so i commanded G92 X0. This did set it to X0, so i moved everything off zero and shut down the Acorn Board and Centroid. Started it back up and homed the Axis and everything went to (X0, Y0, Z0) screen shot attached in photos and shows my MDI commands. Will/has this fix my issue or have i just masked the issue?

I ran the same code as before and everything worked fine, but upon finishing they were about a 1/8" short from zero. This is were i left off before this X+1 issue. I am sure that is backlash or fine tuning issue?

Also is there a way if problems arise again to default or complete reset Acorn and start from scratch?

One thing i noticed was even though i had my caps lock on it would not type in CAPITOL? I noticed that the other day not sure if that even matters.

3.3 F3 - MDI
MDI mode allows you to directly enter M and G-codes one line at time. After entering the M and Gcodes you
wish to run, press cycle start to have the controller execute the command. When, the command has finished
executing the command, it will prompt you for another line. When you are, finished entering commands,
press ESC.

Navigation through previous commands is possible by pressing the " UP ARROW key and the # DOWN
ARROW key. Once selected, you may modify the command using the LEFT or RIGHT arrow key.

Press the ENTER key or Cycle Start to execute.
Examples:
Block? G92X0Y0 ;Set the current XY position to 0,0
Block? M92 /Z ;Move the Z to the positive limit.
Block? M26 /Z ;Set the current Z position as Z home.

I appreciate the help and please advise if there is anything else i could answer or provide. Thanks Again
Attachments
centroid-cnc12-oak-allin1dc-mill-operator-manual-v4.14.pdf
Manual
(8.69 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
X0 Help File.docx
X0 Notes
(14.17 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
report_3403DE6EC817-0919192465_2020-03-26_10-05-47.zip
3/26/2020 Report
(275.22 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
martyscncgarage

Machine position can be seen by pressing Alt-D. This is true position from HOME. G54 is just that, work coordinate system.
When your machine is homed, and your DRO's are still zero, set your part zero at the same position (G54)
F1 Setup
F1 Part
Just set each axis to Part Zero (F10)

That way both the G54 and the Machine Position will be the same.
I'm not sure this will or won't help you. But I make sure both are the same when I am setting up a machine.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
H&W CNC

Post by H&W CNC »

Upon pressing Alt-D both Machine and WCS #1 (G54) are the same X0 Y0 Z0.

And i went through your setup and set Part Zero for each axis. (which they all said 0.0000 already.
martyscncgarage

H&W CNC wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm Upon pressing Alt-D both Machine and WCS #1 (G54) are the same X0 Y0 Z0.

And i went through your setup and set Part Zero for each axis. (which they all said 0.0000 already.
That's OK. Folks get confused between Machine position and part position. Keep in mind the last G54 (part position) is saved even when shut down.
So when you start up CNC12, home the machine, you will see the last part position. Easy to check, just toggle ALT-D
Mesa, AZ