Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Virtual Keyboard Button Renaming.

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Keith, I downloaded the manual and will read it tonight. I also just watched the VCP video and this looks awesome. I'm so excited to make some changes to my VCP and have customized buttons. I also like the logo in the top right of the VCP. I actually edited my OEM windows background image and added the Acorn logo to it for my CNC PC.
briuz
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by briuz »

This is great! I am looking forward to the next release.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

ShawnM wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm I actually edited my OEM windows background image and added the Acorn logo to it for my CNC PC.
You can also change the lock screen and the sign-on screen backgrounds so that your special background shows even before you log in. I like the Centroid wallpaper.
CentroidWallpaper.png
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Tom and that's cool also but I dont lock my pc or have to log in. It boots right to the desktop. I'm the only one who uses it and it's a dedicated PC for my machine only. No need for any security or log in screens slowing me down. All I did was edit the windows background in Photoshop and place the Acorn logo on top of it.
CNCPC Background.jpg
bakeng
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by bakeng »

Watched the video and look through the manual. Very simple, and more than I need to do. I pm ed you. Hope to get the software for this.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

With the new VCP 2.0 and the ability to edit the VCP and buttons now the sky's the limit on what you want it to look like and function. I finally have most of my new VCP setup and ALL the buttons have been updated. I noticed some of the OEM buttons have rounded corners and some are square. I edited all of them to have nice, round corners. I also edited ALL the buttons to have the same matching font. I basically edited every button on my VCP so they look uniform. I just wanted a nice, clean look that was easy to read and use. I also added a 1 point outline to all the buttons and changed the default LED off color on the buttons with LED's. I also added a swap image button to the X,Y and Z axis buttons to go from the OEM yellow to green when I press them. I still have room for more custom buttons when I add some more features. The only thing I can't seem to change the the border around the feed rate buttons. It's not really black like my other buttons and borders but for now it'll have to do.

Here's what it currently looks like for now with enough room for future upgrades:
VCP.PNG
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

ShawnM wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm With the new VCP 2.0 and the ability to edit the VCP and buttons now the sky's the limit on what you want it to look like and function. I finally have most of my new VCP setup and ALL the buttons have been updated. I noticed some of the OEM buttons have rounded corners and some are square. I edited all of them to have nice, round corners. I also edited ALL the buttons to have the same matching font. I basically edited every button on my VCP so they look uniform. I just wanted a nice, clean look that was easy to read and use. I also added a 1 point outline to all the buttons and changed the default LED off color on the buttons with LED's. I also added a swap image button to the X,Y and Z axis buttons to go from the OEM yellow to green when I press them. I still have room for more custom buttons when I add some more features. The only thing I can't seem to change the the border around the feed rate buttons. It's not really black like my other buttons and borders but for now it'll have to do.

Here's what it currently looks like for now with enough room for future upgrades:

VCP.PNG
Nice!
Hat's off to the programmers at Centroid to have made the new editable VCP. Users can customize just about anyway they want it.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Definitely hats off to the entire Centroid programming team for their time, effort and dedication to make CNC12 the software it is today. Now with 4.50 there's no more second guessing what "AUX 8" does. :mrgreen: I'm finally able to remove all the unnecessary buttons for my router and create a clean VCP with everything I need and more.

I use Adobe Illustrator and creating new buttons was very easy and having a simple, uniform look with buttons labeled with their function is the icing on the cake for the CNC software.
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Shawn, hello. thanks would love you see your version of the VCP, please post a photo and a fresh report.zip so i can check it out!
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Keith, I posted a pic of my VCP in a prior post in this topic. Really love the new VCP in 4.5. :mrgreen: