Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: UMC10 from Flashcut to Acorn?

Post by Fastest1 »

So I just took some pics of that index board. Funny what I find and didnt see til I took a pic.
The signal from the index board has a wire in the driver that shares the Enc Z in each drive.
The wire also goes to the DB9 for the Servos encoder. Will have to open the cover on the wire to see where it pins out.
They are terminating in the input section of the controller. I will have to review the pics and a little reverse engineering.
In regards to the relay board being 120. I had no plans to change that. I just wasnt sure of the input voltage to get it to work. The controller clearly says 5v. So 1 less thing to figure out.
In reading the Logosol manual with my limited knowledge it refers to the fault emitter and collector appear to be a ground and an input.
9B1A0155-EDB9-4089-80B6-C892FBA04ED3.jpeg
4BC65E32-5414-4C9F-BAAF-05FCFEF089E0.jpeg
1st Acorn project. G0704/BDTools/Hoss Conversion De"maching"
Leadshine MX 3660
Repurposed above Acorn (#194) and an Ethernet 1616 to a UMC-10 with an 8 position tool changer.
CNC12 Pro/Digitizing ver 4.64 (1/31/2022)
Fastest1
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by Fastest1 »

After following the wires, the driver for the X axis shares the 5v+ to power the index board, gnd shared from the same drive. So it might appear those 5 white wires are for the inputs of the controller for home. They are numbered J1-J5 and there are 5 drives ;-) 1x, 2y, 3z and the other are spares
Leadshine MX 3660
Repurposed above Acorn (#194) and an Ethernet 1616 to a UMC-10 with an 8 position tool changer.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Fastest1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:38 pm After following the wires, the driver for the X axis shares the 5v+ to power the index board, gnd shared from the same drive. So it might appear those 5 white wires are for the inputs of the controller for home. They are numbered J1-J5 and there are 5 drives ;-) 1x, 2y, 3z and the other are spares
I don't think you need to do anything with the board other than reuse the OUTPUTS. Leave the input side alone. But document the board well and the wiring. At least a sketch before you touch anything.....the board is taking the index signal and giving you a method to have a usable index signal.
WHERE exactly do the white wires land on the output side. Is there one wire that jumps to each terminal block (a common perhaps?)
The picture you provided is not very good, overhead picture showing both inputs and outputs would be helpful. Just take the time to sketch up the wiring to the board.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Fastest1

Post by Fastest1 »

The white wires terminate into the input terminals of the fc controller as they are the home pulse from the servo encoder. I was reading how that can be programmed in those drives. My hope is it still programmed for that. I am merely changing where the drive gets the signal from (Acorn). The other wires go into the drive as ENC Z.
Maybe you dont realize but I tore it down as soon as you could read the files, macros and reports to determine the info was there. I did take quite a few pics prior and most is still intact except the signal generator and its daughter board.
Leadshine MX 3660
Fastest1

Post by Fastest1 »

I got my Ethernet 1616 today along with a few other bits and pieces. Sure would be nice if din rail mounts were listed and or available.
Can I share a 24v power supply for both the acorn and the 1616? I am guessing it would have to be 3-5A?
And best to use a separate ps for all other needs?
Marty, I was watching part 6 of your Emco PC5 conversion and you made a statement that if your drive uses 5v logic to get the signal from the DB25 connector. Did I understand this correctly?
Reading thru all I can find on those Logosol 182SE-1210's I believe they are 5v as it seems to have many 5v references on the drive itself but I would feel better if someone else confirmed it. Here is a link.
https://logosolinc.com/wp-content/uploa ... ection.pdf
Also do you see any issues with using Lexan/Plexi or Acrylic as electronics mounting plate?
During that video I see the way you had your contactor interfaced with your E Stop button. Apparently I had always done that wrong. Mine did trip all of the right things in the controller during an estop but releasing the estop never reset it, I had a momentary push button to energize it and then it locked til the estop was hit. I will have to look into the difference in the latching.
Leadshine MX 3660
martyscncgarage

Yes, 3A 24VDC Power supply for Acorn and Ether1616, you can use it for proximity sensors as well connected to Acorn inputs. Nothing else.
You will need a small 5VDC power supply for the drives. Look for Meanwell Din rail power supplies on Amazon
You can connect these drives to the header or DB25.
You can buy plastic din rail clips.
I use a piece of sheet aluminum for component mounting plate. I would not use a non-conductive surface for a mounting plate.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Make sure you keep the little yellow jumpers connected to the drives and to the DB9 driver. This allows you to use the LDCN utility to tune the drives if needed. Keep the drive and axis motors paired if possible.
Mesa, AZ
Fastest1

Post by Fastest1 »

Again Marty thanks for all of the help.
My intent is to use all din rail supplies, I have a few in various voltages.
When you say yellow wires? Are you referring to the Cat5 patch cables between the drives and terminating into what appears a db9 (possibly RS232?).
I was reading about their tuning and parameter set up software. I was hoping all that is still internally set ;-)
I do plan on keeping the original Flashcut box as intact as I can. My plan is to only bring the wires out from the drives to the Acorn, all else is reused. That does raise a few questions about grounding locations but will get there later.
Thanks again.
On to watching your Backpanel part 1 video again
Leadshine MX 3660
martyscncgarage

You may need to get into the drives so keep it all in tact as well as the DB9 serial converter. You may use a good USB to Serial cable.
Download the Flashcut DCN Utility and the manual.
Mesa, AZ
Fastest1

Post by Fastest1 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:10 am You may need to get into the drives so keep it all in tact as well as the DB9 serial converter. You may use a good USB to Serial cable.
Download the Flashcut DCN Utility and the manual.
You mean the Logosol software? I didnt know FC has one too.
Leadshine MX 3660