Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Tormach PCNC 770 Series 3 -- Updated 3/18/2020

Post by martyscncgarage »

briuz wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am The configuration document is in the first post in this thread. I've been updating it as I come out with a new version.

I've got to make a video real soon.
martyscncgarage wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:17 am
briuz wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am Version 0.5 of the configuration document uploaded. I still need to test the rigid tapping capability in actual metal however I have been using the machine on a major project.
What and where is the upload?
Test rigid tapping in machineable wax. If its off it will show up there.
Here is the Centroid Tech Bulletin for Acorn and rigid tapping for reference:
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/304.pdf

Post a video of the machine doing its thing under Centroid control! Many of us would like to see a Tormach running under Centroid control. :D
Marty
Ah, got it. You are editing your original post!
Video will be cool to see....when you have time of course
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
briuz
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Tormach PCNC 770 Series 3 -- Updated 3/26/2020

Post by briuz »

While I've been using the Tormach with Centroid Acorn for a while, I decided this was a good candidate for a video. (I've added the video and pic to the first post as well.)

Here I am re-machining the lathe turret for my prototype portable 5c Collet Lathe. (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3989)

I decided to modify the turret so that each of the 8 positions is a rocker tool post for setting the tool height. On some machines you have to shim the lathe tools but I hate shims.

I need to tune the speeds and feeds a little and had to climb mill as this is a modification of the prototype. The final design will have the rocker tool post arc on the bottom and conventional milling will be used. The entire job took about 44 minutes.

Programing this job in Intercon was pretty easy once I figured out what I needed to do. I have a section of instructions repeated for depth then repeated 7 more times with a table rotation of 45 degrees.

I also took a pic with the part finished and cabinet open so you can see that this is an Acorn running the Tormach. 8-)
lathe_turret.JPG
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Nice work!

Would be nice if you could do a video of the machine running and back up to the CNC Computer showing the Centroid CNC12 software running too! And an over all view of your control cabinet and brief explanation of what you did to do the conversion. I trust your machine was running under Mach3 at the time?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
briuz
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by briuz »

I thought about showing the computer, too, but didn't. The CNC computer position is rather temporary as I need to make up a mount so I can mount the monitor on the one arm.

The machine was running in Mach3 up until early February of this year. I'll see about adding more of an explanation as to how I converted the machine to the conversion document I created.
martyscncgarage wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm Nice work!

Would be nice if you could do a video of the machine running and back up to the CNC Computer showing the Centroid CNC12 software running too! And an over all view of your control cabinet and brief explanation of what you did to do the conversion. I trust your machine was running under Mach3 at the time?

Marty