Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: ATC macro help

Post by cnckeith »

hello.
A list of inputs/outputs is listed at the top of each macro example.
For the macros to function properly, these inputs and outputs need to be assigned to the correct input or output numbers using the Wizard.
The Wizard creates the PLC program to support the sample macros.

for instance at the top of the sample macro "mfunc6 finger.mac"

the inputs and outputs that the macro uses are listed.

; Inputs:
; ToolIsUnclamped IS INP2
; OrientComplete IS INP5
;
; Outputs:
; OrientRequest IS OUT7
; ToolUnclamp IS OUT8

for this macro to work, these inputs and outputs must be configured on the same input and output numbers using the Wizard if you intend to use the macro as is.

if the mcodes m15/16 are different , i would install v4.20 as a fresh install and not update from a previous version so you get a good copy of all the latest M codes.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
bmilam
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by bmilam »

So, in my case, I have no input and no tool orient. Inputs 1,2,3 are in my wizard as home/limit switches. I have rewired my output to #8. Will this macro work for me then?
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

The M15 and M16 macros were heavily modified between 4.18 and 4.20. It appears he still has the 4.18 version of the macro. I suggest putting these in your cncm directory and overwrite the macros with the 4.20 version of them if you are having trouble getting m15 and m16 to work. Attached are the 4.20 versions of the m15 and m16 macros, give them a try.
Attachments
mfunc16.mac
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times
mfunc15.mac
(804 Bytes) Downloaded 160 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
bmilam

Post by bmilam »

ok thanks will do
bmilam

Post by bmilam »

Success. I added those 2 macros from Chris and made a test file and let it cut air. It worked great. I need to fine tune the macro a little with delay on clamping but it did 6 or 7 tools in the gcode and went just as it should. I replaced the G28 with G53 Z0, it now is going to the part home then back to the rack but now that I know it works I can address it and tweak it to do what I need.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Last night I began thinking that I'd never get it working.

Here is the first video made after changing M15 and 16

Last edited by bmilam on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbb1962
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C8301-0122180576

Post by cbb1962 »

bmilam wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:32 pm Last night I began thinking that I'd never get it working.
I've spent many a night worrying if I have just wasted a ton of money... But so far Keith, Marty, Gary, Chris, and others have bailed me out of every issue. :mrgreen:
Clint in NW Arkansas

The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...
bmilam

Post by bmilam »

I am a real dummy and even when people try to help they are explaining above my head. It feels so good to finally see it actually wanting to change tools. I need to put a small delay in the tool change and also need to figure out how to tell it to move in the Y to clear the rack before it lowers the Z. Eventually, I will probably be adding a dustboot docking station and will then have to add that in. I have fought this for so long trying to understand what I am suppose to do that you can't imagine how good I feel at the moment.
David Buchhauser
CNC Control System Serial Number: C122564

Post by David Buchhauser »

Nice job Bobby!! Glad to see you are making some really good progress. It looks great!
David
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Looks great Bobby, I fumbled through a macro for a while before I got it working the way I wanted to also. I know the feeling to see it working for the first time. It can be frustrating but there are great people here to give you pointers along the way. The move to part 0,0 and Z plunge after the tool change are easy to comment out of the code. Great job.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

bmilam wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:52 pm I am a real dummy and even when people try to help they are explaining above my head. It feels so good to finally see it actually wanting to change tools. I need to put a small delay in the tool change and also need to figure out how to tell it to move in the Y to clear the rack before it lowers the Z. Eventually, I will probably be adding a dustboot docking station and will then have to add that in. I have fought this for so long trying to understand what I am suppose to do that you can't imagine how good I feel at the moment.

You and everyone else is not a dummy. Please ask the question as best you can, pictures video etc. And we'll do what we can to help. Just try and listen and attempt to follow the advice...

Glad you are making progress.
Chris is the man when it comes to the PLC programming.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ