Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Acorn Swap-Out Service

Post by Richards »

Centroid returned a swap-out Acorn (including connectors!) and BBG board yesterday to replace the Acorn and BBG that I fried in November. Keith, Marty and Gary all posted details about the Centroid swap-out program. I hesitated for a couple of weeks before contacting Centroid, comparing the $200 plus shipping to Centroid against a totally new Acorn, BBG, relay board and power supply, but in the end, I decided that if I didn't try out the service, I would never know for myself whether to use the service if I fried something else.

I'm please to report that everything was just as Centroid said it would be. I carefully examined the Acorn and BBG that were sent to me. They look new. According to the terms and conditions page, they might be new or repaired with a guarantee. In either case, the replacement looks great and performs perfectly. A bonus is having saved about $90 over tossing the fried board out and starting over again.

Thanks to all who told me of this particular service. It's good to know that Centroid understands that some of us will need their help to fix a problem that we caused ourselves.
-Mike Richards