CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Wireless MPG Problems

Post by martyscncgarage »

hebs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:46 pm
jman86 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm Hi did the new MPG fix your problem? I am having a similar problem with mine. it will be working fine then all of a sudden it will glitch out and start acting funny. The axis gets locked into the same direction no matter which way you turn the knob. The speed selector knob will move the selected axis .001 or .010 when switched. The selected axis will be locked in 1X no matter what the switch is set on. I have tried turning off the MPG then back on and it will perform the same until you reboot cnc12. I have also tried new batteries in the MPG this did not help
Yes, the new MPG fixed all issues. It is working perfectly now. It must have been a dodgy dial knob.
I assume your old one is to be sent back to Centroid for testing?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
beevo
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by beevo »

I am coming to this party very late...

I have had issues with the Wireless MPG exhibiting the same issues from time to time. It is very intermittent in nature. I was searching the forums for something else and after a period of time stumbled on this post.

You will be turning the knob at an even constant rate and the bed will stop in its tracks or jerk slowly and then speed up really fast to catch up to where it should be.

I have attributed this to using Eneloop rechargeable instead of alkalines which have a higher operating voltage (1.2v vs 1.5v) Going back to disposable alkaline batteries has made no difference.

OK, now for the real question, what are the chances of RFI from the wireless network adapter of the PC being a source of the problem?
Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)
Tempe, AZ
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

i've used the wireless mpg now for years and have never seen this issue, would love to see this in action.
issues that i've run across were: antenna too close, low battery, USB ports going to sleep on laptops, Windows Net framework not using latest version.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
beevo

Post by beevo »

I thought I had it whipped when I switched back to the disposable alkaline batteries, because of the lower operating voltage. No such luck. The only issue is this is extremely intermittent. I will try to capture this goofiness. Anything specific you want to see outside of the dial being turned and the bed moving?

I ordered another MPG for the Dyna Acorn and it will be here today if I can trust UPS. My plans were to install it on Mill Verde in place of the existing MPG and see what happens.

Of your list the only thing from your list that would appear to be a factor is the proximity of the antennas.
Any thoughts on how close they can, or better yet shouldn't be?

First though, I will move the MPG antenna which I am informed by my wife, is sitting within a foot of the WiFi antennas. you would think an Extra Class Ham radio operator would think about this...

:?

Beevo
Tempe, AZ
beevo

Post by beevo »

Nope, going to try it on another machine, if the problem follows the MPG then we will look in that direction...

I think at this point the proximity of the two antennas is likely the issue. We will see.

Beevo
Tempe, AZ