CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Refit of old CandCNC Machine

Post by firepilot »

Hey Guys,

I rewired the other two drives today and put it all back together. It is astounding the difference it made. I used the same files that previously would start good and then by the end of the carve be unreadable.

This file I ran last week and it turned out garbage. Today after switching to the DB25 it was perfect.

I wrote to DMM and let them know it was time to take a look at this and they said they would. They are refunding me the cost of those cables. It's a nice gesture.

I did mention that maybe if they hear the words Acorn and losing steps they might just maybe mention there have been issues in the past. So much wasted time testing this and that. Once I had that bit of information to work with changing things took an hour or so.

Glad I have it working well now.

Slodat, Thanks again

Phil
Attachments
IMG_1797.jpeg
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm
slodat wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:15 pm My point is, they work EVERY time on the DB25. Why continue to insist/suggest people use the screw terminals when the drive is 5v logic? It has wasted a ton of time and been a point of frustration for a lot of users. Doesn't seem to benefit anyone to continue with that suggestion. I and many others, provided a lot of quality data over a year ago on this.
Point taken use the DB25
Why don't you create a schematic showing how to wire it to the DB25 and we'll ask Centroid to create a schematic
SLODAT, will you create a sketch schematic for DYN4 to DB25, also show how you wired the Enable etc.
That would be helpful.

Thank you,
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
slodat
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by slodat »

All I did is connect step and direction to the DB25, and +5v to the DMM Acorn->DYN4 cable's white wire, removing their resistor. I don't have a electrical CAD program.
736BE687-C73B-42D7-A45F-99A780C7C9B7.jpeg
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

slodat wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:45 pm All I did is connect step and direction to the DB25, and +5v to the DMM Acorn->DYN4 cable, removing their resistor. I don't have a electrical CAD program.

736BE687-C73B-42D7-A45F-99A780C7C9B7.jpeg
You don't need a CAD program, just take the Centroid Schematic and draw in the wiring. Then just Scan it and post it.
Also note what mod you needed to do to the DB25 connector to use it on the DB25. Do show how you wired the Enable circuit as well.

Thanks
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ