Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Refit of old CandCNC Machine

Post by ShawnM »

Here's what I changed mine to, this is the "begin TOOLCHANGE" section of my Vectric PP with tool changes. I have two vectric PP, one for single tool jobs and one for tool change jobs. The single tool job PP just doesn't have any M6's in it. If you look at the second from the last line, this is what it used to read. I commented it out and changed it to what you see in the last line and it no longer plunges Z until it gets to part X,Y. I just removed the G0[HT] and it works great now.

Please let us know if this works for you.

begin TOOLCHANGE

"[N] ; ---------------------------------------------"
"[N] ; Toolchange: T[T] - Speed:[S]"
"[N] ; Tool Length Compensation Cancel - Move to Z home"
"[N] G49 H0 M25"
"[N] ; Absolute Positioning Mode - Rapid Positioning"
"[N] ;G90 G0[XH][YH]"
"[N] ; Start Tool Change"
"[N] T[T] M6"
"[N] ; Tool: [TOOLNAME]"
"[N] ; Toolpath: [TOOLPATH_NAME]"
"[N] ; Spindle on CW"
"[N] M3 [S][F]"
"[N] ; Pause for 3 seconds"
"[N] G4 P3"
"[N] ; Tool Length Compensation (+)"
"[N] ; G43 G0[ZH] H[T] - Removed G0[ZH] to stop Z plunge after tool change, see next line"
"[N] G43 H[T]"
Dan M
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8df84dfbdd5-0809181120
CNC11: Yes

Post by Dan M »

I just changed my safe z height nothing in the PP for the z height. I can post my vectric PP if you want, I only had to add a couple things to the stock PP but I don't recall having to change anything for the z height. I'm pretty sure you're running the same tool setter as I am and same tool change macro. Here's my router running the tool change. I changed the z height to 6" , in the video it was at 2" originally and was sketchy as you can see with barely clearing my holdowns.

firepilot
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by firepilot »

Ok thanks guys.

I will mess with the safe z height first and see if that resolves the issue. If not I will look at the Vectric PP.

A bit cautious both that because the next question is where do I find the Vectric PP?

Glad to have time to work on this after a good busy Christmas season in my Laser shop!!

Thanks guys

Phil
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Hi Phil,
I guess I should have asked about any m6 you are using. I guess changing the Z gap in Vectric might work for you. I forgot that I dont use the same m6 that many on the forum use. Adjusting the Z gap in the Vectric software won't work for my m6. This is why I edited my PP. Try what Dan suggested before you muck up your PP with my changes. :mrgreen:

To find you PP in the Vectric software, open a drawing, click "file" and then click "open application data folder". This will open a new dialog box and in there is a folder called PostP. ALL the PP are in that folder. Chose the one you use and open it in Notepad++ to edit it. Be careful and save a copy of the original one just in case. I only have 2 PP that I use, my "single tool PP" and my "tool change PP". I moved these to the folder called My_PostP so inside the Vectric software these are now the only two that show up in the dropdown list for PP. Not the 434 others that are in there. This makes selecting between my 2 PP very simple.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the video. I see you are using the "stock" m6 posted here on the forum. I am not however. While this m6 works fine for many users with no issues I took that m6 and modified it heavily to streamline the process and cut out many of the unneeded moves and user inputs. At 59 seconds in your video, after the fixed tool touch off, your machine moves to Z0 and back to the tool change position. If I remember correctly it then waits for you to press cycle start again. At that point yours plunges to your safe Z and then moves to the workpiece clearing your clamps. My m6 does not move back to the tool change position and therefore I cannot have that first Z plunge after a tool change. After mine touches off the fixed plate it moves back to Z0, pauses for the spindle to come up to speed, then moves X and Y to the cut position and then plunges Z to the Z gap set in my Vectric software and starts cutting again, all with no pressing cycle start in there anywhere. So for me and my m6, editing my PP the way I did makes the most sense for my machine. I understand everyone has their own procedures and PP edits and I guess I should have asked Phil some more questions first.

I really would like to make a quick video of how mine works but I have no video editing software and would rather not purchase any. Are there any good free ones to use for quick down and dirty videos? I dont want to become a movie producer like some of you users, just post quick videos than I can easily edit/trim and share. Is there a topic on the forum for this subject? I know MANY users post videos and I'd like to as well. I have my iPhone and an old GoPro that I used to suction cup to the wing of my airplane for some cool videos but I could never edit and share them.

Hope my rambling makes sense and you understand why I did what I did to my PP.

Shawn
Dan M
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8df84dfbdd5-0809181120
CNC11: Yes

Post by Dan M »

Sean that would be great if you posted a video of your m6. The easiest video editing is just setting up a YouTube channel and using YouTube video editing software. It's pretty much identical to Adobe Premier Rush, to the point that I'm pretty sure it was developed by the same people. Check it out and give it a try it's super easy.

Dan
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Dan, I'll check it out this evening. I created a youtube channel a while ago to post flying videos but never did anything with it. Thanks for the tip.
firepilot
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by firepilot »

Hey guys,

I just changed the Safe Z height and all is weli.

Shawn, what kind of flying do you do. My real job is flying.

Thanks again

Phil
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

delete
Last edited by ShawnM on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Glad the simple "safe z" did the trick. One could get off in the weeds quick trying to modify a PP. :shock:

As for flying, I wish I got paid to fly. :mrgreen: It's just a hobby for me and keeps me out of trouble. Here's a pic of my plane and the second on is my GoPro mounted out on the wing with me getting some "air therapy".

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8j2FHjGyX6KQkkuP8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/abMTN187zNRgBcen6