Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734935a3-0401191837
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

windows firewall

Post by greenail »

FYI for those who don't want to turn off their firewall (which seems really really bad advice to give folks) I found out a way to get connected. It seems that when you connect to a random IP with no internet or DNS windows marks the connection as "unknown".

running the powershell command "Get-NetConnectionProfile" shows:

Name : Unidentified network
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet
InterfaceIndex : 21
NetworkCategory : Public
IPv4Connectivity : NoTraffic
IPv6Connectivity : NoTraffic

so this means that your prompt to allow cnct.exe to talk to your private network has no effect since the network is flagged "Public". There are many odd ball and ever chaning ways to change the network loction. If found I was able to get connected to my board by running the following in an elevated powershell.

Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name "Unidentified network" -NetworkCategory Private

Running "Get-NetConnectionProfile" again now shows:

Name : Unidentified network
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet
InterfaceIndex : 21
NetworkCategory : Private
IPv4Connectivity : NoTraffic
IPv6Connectivity : NoTraffic

I ran this and connected and the board decided to reboot. When it came back up the network was set back to "Public" and I had to run the command again as administrator.

Hope this helps someone who doesn't want to sacrifice all of their computer security to run a program which talks on the network...
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: windows firewall

Post by cnckeith »

turning off windows firewall is good advice if you are not connected to the internet and are trying to get connected to the Acorn board during bench test. once you establish a good connection with Acorn, it is easy to go turn Windows firewall back on and make or verify that there is an exception in windows firewall settings for cncm, (or cnct if you are running lathe), and wizard.exe.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html