Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: WMPG-4 Wireless MPG w/ Acorn

Post by davismark5255 »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm single block can not be selected once a g code program is started.

I would insert "optional stops" or 'stop and wait for operator" (to press cycle start to continue) as an alternative methods to do what you describe.
Thank You cncKeith
ridekp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by ridekp »

Hey Keith,

Is there a specific reason that single block can't be toggled back and forth throughout the program? This is a feature I use all the time on Haas machines and is one of the only things so far that I have not loved about the CNC12 software. I especially like to single block down to my z cutting depth to verify everything is good before letting the program run. Without the MPG, a touch screen or physical start and stop buttons it is pretty clunky to have to slow the feed down, click cycle start, move the mouse to feed hold, and then try to watch what the machine is doing. I know it might be less annoying if I had a physical input device, but I am curious if it is a difficult software change to enable single block to be turned back on?

Thanks,
Kevin
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

yes, cnc12 looks ahead in the gcode, so it has already processed 2000 lines ahead of what is currently being executed. old cnc controls used to do one or two lines at a time so its easy for them to switch back and forth from single block mode. when we implemented our look ahead algorithm single block switching on the fly was a casualty of the method used. (its possible in future we can reintroduce it)

a clunky work around is to stop the program, go into the Run menu, turn single block back on and then run the program from the line you want to restart single block on.

you are right on Oak and Allin1dc it is less of an issue since you have nice feedrate over ride knob that is very responsive and can act as a feed hold button (if you like) when you turn it down past a certain % threshold (user settable). With Acorn the WMPG is a must to get this kind of tactile control.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ridekp
CNC12: Yes

Post by ridekp »

Thank you for the explanation. That makes complete sense, though you would have my vote for enabling that feature in future CNC12 versions. Otherwise, thanks for the great product!