Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

-907- X Axis Exceeded

Post by bpohlman13 »

Hey guys, I am having some issues with getting m machine to run. I just updated it to the most recent software and upgraded from the free license of cnc12 to the pro version. I'm not sure if I am having this issue due to something that has changed in the software, or if it is something that I messed up setup wise(most likely this is my issue). I have made sure both the post process that I created with Autodesk HSM, and the cnc12 software is set to mm. I have attached a current report to this thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Attachments
report_74E1829FBC1C-1217181454_2019-04-20_18-50-11.zip
(241.19 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
cncsnw

Re: -907- X Axis Exceeded

Post by cncsnw »

You don't say what you are doing when the "907 ... travel exceeded" messages appear.

Is it while homing?

Is it when you try to use jog keys to jog away from the homed position?

Is it only when you try to run a CNC job?

At the time of your report, you had WCS#2 (G55) selected, and the offsets for WCS#2 were all zero. That would put the part zero at machine zero, and would result in a "907 ... travel exceeded" error any time you tried to move to negative coordinates in X or Y, or positive coordinates in Z.
bpohlman13
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by bpohlman13 »

I'm am sorry about that. During homing the machine functioned perfectly. As soon as I hit cycle start on a new job, this occurred.
cbb1962
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C8301-0122180576

Post by cbb1962 »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:54 pm At the time of your report, you had WCS#2 (G55) selected, and the offsets for WCS#2 were all zero. That would put the part zero at machine zero, and would result in a "907 ... travel exceeded" error any time you tried to move to negative coordinates in X or Y, or positive coordinates in Z.
I have had the exact same thing happen when I inadvertently set G55 to equal Machine Zero and the Job was using G54 and it was NOT set to machine zero. It took a little bit to figure it out.

If your G-code program is using G54 check that in CNC12 setup.
Clint in NW Arkansas

The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...
Dan M
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8df84dfbdd5-0809181120
CNC11: Yes

Post by Dan M »

Re read what cncsnw wrote, sounds like you're not setting up your part before running the program. You have to zero the machine to the part datum based on the location on the machine before running the job. So yes it sounds like your set up is wrong. What kind of machine is it? Watch some of the Centroid video's that show how to set up a part in cnc12.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Check this post out with links to Centroid Mill Training videos: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2118
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
bpohlman13

Post by bpohlman13 »

Thank you Marty for the link to the videos. They were helpful.
I have made sure my cam software and machine is set to G54. I am not getting the x axis exceeded anymore, but I am now getting a 907 y axis limit exceeded with any parts that I load when clicking graph or cycle start. It will cut a portion of the part, but stop when it gets to a certain point. Any help on this would be awesome as I am truly at a loss. I will upload a log when I get home tonight.

Thanks,
Brian
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

When the "907 ... axis travel exceeded" error message appears while graphing or running a job, the error message will specify a line number where the error occurred. That is the line in the CNC (G code) program.

You can use the F6/Edit screen to look at the text of the G codes, to see what is on that line.

You can also watch the line number display at the top of the F8/Graph screen (and at the same time slow down or pause the graphing using your feedrate override controls) to see what the program is doing when the problem occurs.

If you know the extents of your program (e.g. from looking at the G codes, or looking at the XY rulers on the 2D Top view of the F8/Graph display), and you are sure you did your part setup correctly, then you could try simply jogging the axes all the way to the program extents, to see if you really can get there without exceeding a limit.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Often when you start getting these types of axis travel exceeded messages and you are sure you have set the part up correctly, it turns out that you have some weird values for cutter comp.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
bpohlman13

Post by bpohlman13 »

Alright. This was another dumb mistake on my end. After I updated to the most current cnc12, I set the y axis soft limit incorrectly. Oh well. Sorry for you guys having to keep helping me with these dumb issues I am having.

I am having one other issue that I can't find a solution to in the user manual or general forum search. Whenever I click tool check or it says to perform a tool change, it is supposed to rapid up to z home. My machine has open loop steppers currently. So when it goes into the tool check rapid, it always looses a large amount of steps due to how fast the rapids are and how heavy the head is and causes the machine to crash. My question is, is there a way to reduce the rapid speed when doing a tool check or tool change to prevent the lost steps?

I know it doesn't matter, but it is a Grizzly G0704 that I converted to CNC.

Thanks for the help!
-Brian