CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Emco turn 55 lathes are everywhere

Post by Glenn »

Hi All,

So I have this Emco 55 Lathe and a mill. I would like to put the Acorn control on both so I can take advantage of the conversational programming as I do not have the best CAD CAM software or skills. I am going to start with the lathe first. I have read the other threads about the Emco 55 and it seems they have trouble with the tool changer. Mine has a 6 position tool changer. Is my understanding correct in that the reason they were having trouble was because they were trying to use the tool changer with out the Acorn lathe pro? With the pro version I assume that this will not be difficult to hookup. But you know what they say about assuming.

After this I would like to convert the little Emco Mill.

Finally I have a larger CNC Clausing Kondia that has Dynapath Delta 20 controller that is also conversational but it glitches out and I loose all my programs and I have to start over that I would like to switch out. I figure I would try my hand at these little ones first before I messed with the big one.

Any help along the way would be greatly appreciated. I will document and video along the way so others can learn from my soon to come screw ups.

Thanks much
Glenn