Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 5)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 3)

Post by swissi »

mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm Well this is this is even weirder. I was able to save no problem with Francos PP in the root folder.
OK now it's getting more interesting :)

As far as I remember, Franco's PP forces the file name to be the numeric Program Number and does not have the option to use alphanumeric file names:

pp011.PNG
pp011.PNG (7.58 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
pp012.PNG

What's the file name you are trying to use that doesn't save in the root folder?

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
mrp192
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3699, 3788
CNC12: Yes

Re: Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 3)

Post by mrp192 »

swissi wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:53 pm
mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm Well this is this is even weirder. I was able to save no problem with Francos PP in the root folder.
OK now it's getting more interesting :)

As far as I remember, Franco's PP forces the file name to be the numeric Program Number and does not have the option to use alphanumeric file names:

pp011.PNG

pp012.PNG

What's the file name you are trying to use that doesn't save in the root folder?

-swissi
This is how I have it even with the comments you left and still it does nothing.

When I used Franco's I did not change a thing.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-12-19 150442.png
swissi

Post by swissi »

mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:05 pm This is how I have it even with the comments you left and still it does nothing.

I just tried the exact same settings you have by creating a shared Y: drive, set the output folder to that drive and saved a post file and everything worked as it should.

What exactly do you mean when you say "it does nothing"? When you click the "Post" button in the screen you posted, a "File Save" screen should come up showing the content of the Y: folder and showing the file name like this:

P1.png

What happens when you click the "Save" Button here? Do you get any error messages?

The File Save function is part of Fusion 360 and I have no control over that function. The Output file storage information is saved based on the version of the Post Processor you have selected so you might have the Output folder configured differently in Franco's PP. Have you tried to set the Output folder new?

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

mrp192

Post by mrp192 »

swissi wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:02 pm
mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:05 pm This is how I have it even with the comments you left and still it does nothing.

I just tried the exact same settings you have by creating a shared Y: drive, set the output folder to that drive and saved a post file and everything worked as it should.

What exactly do you mean when you say "it does nothing"? When you click the "Post" button in the screen you posted, a "File Save" screen should come up showing the content of the Y: folder and showing the file name like this:

P1.png

What happens when you click the "Save" Button here? Do you get any error messages?

The File Save function is part of Fusion 360 and I have no control over that function. The Output file storage information is saved based on the version of the Post Processor you have selected so you might have the Output folder configured differently in Franco's PP. Have you tried to set the Output folder new?

-swissi
When I click post the screen disappears, I do not get the save file. Here is a video capture link.
swissi

Post by swissi »

mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:22 pm When I click post the screen disappears, I do not get the save file.
Interesting. My Fusion 360 just updated to the latest version and now I can reproduce the issue. This is clearly a bug in the latest version of Fusion 360.

As soon as the output folder is just a drive letter like Y:/, the post fails as you show in your video. This has nothing to do with the Post Processor as I have tried different official versions from Haas and Fanuc and they all fail the same way.

When you said it does not happen with Franco's PP, you must have a different output folder configured for that PP as it fails the same way for me.

Nothing I can do about it. We have to wait for Autodesk to fix that bug. In the meantime you have to create a subfolder like Y:/cnc to make it save the job file.

-swissi

mrp192

Post by mrp192 »

swissi wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:09 pm
mrp192 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:22 pm When I click post the screen disappears, I do not get the save file.
Interesting. My Fusion 360 just updated to the latest version and now I can reproduce the issue. This is clearly a bug in the latest version of Fusion 360.

As soon as the output folder is just a drive letter like Y:/, the post fails as you show in your video. This has nothing to do with the Post Processor as I have tried different official versions from Haas and Fanuc and they all fail the same way.

When you said it does not happen with Franco's PP, you must have a different output folder configured for that PP as it fails the same way for me.

Nothing I can do about it. We have to wait for Autodesk to fix that bug. In the meantime you have to create a subfolder like Y:/cnc to make it save the job file.

-swissi
Alright sounds good. Just thought it was weird.
swissi

Post by swissi »

Thanks to Clint who has uncovered an issue in version 3 of the Post Processor where the WCS# always defaulted to G54, ignoring other settings in the Fusion 360 Setups.

I have posted a new Version 4 that fixes the issue (download link at the bottom of the first post of this thread ).

Go get the new version if you are using WCS#'s other than the default G54.

-swissi

knastenrad
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by knastenrad »

thank you for this, got my 1. test with the 4th axis going , thanks to this post processor
zz0122
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by zz0122 »

Hi,
Is there an option for tool change location? what I mean is whenever CNC12 ask for change tool, the spindle goes to certain position or maybe G30 P4.

TIA
swissi

Post by swissi »

zz0122 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:15 am Hi,
Is there an option for tool change location? what I mean is whenever CNC12 ask for change tool, the spindle goes to certain position or maybe G30 P4.
This is something you control in your M6 tool change command (mfunc6.mac).

If you don't use a mfunc6.mac file, CNC12 uses an internal, basic tool change command which, according to the Mill User Guide, does the following:
Default action (no tool changer):
M25 ; always does M25 first
M95/1/2/3/5 ; turn off spindle & coolant
M100/75 ; wait for CYCLE START button.
The Mill User Guide also says:
The Z coordinate of the first reference point (G28) is also used as a Z home position by the M2, M6, and M25 codes (see Chapter 13).
If you use your own, customized mfunc6.mac file, you can choose what ever return address you want for your tool change.

-swissi