Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 5)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features

Post by swissi »

Looking at the output in more detail, all the moves look OK to me.

There are ten G94 (cancel Inverse Time) commands followed by a straight X move and I think they make it look a little jerky but they are just quick straight repositioning moves to go clean out the corners.

At this point I'll claim that everything looks perfectly fine unless somebody can provide proof otherwise :-)

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512
CNC12: Yes

Post by Muzzer »

I turned the stock 180 degrees, then ran the 2D Adaptive followed by a 2D Pocket finishing operation. As I couldn't be bothered to shorten or replace the long stock, it was a little juddery during the heavier cuts but there was certainly nothing untoward and the result is pretty good.

I guess the rapid repositioning moves are the issue if there is one but apart from causing transient buttock tightening, it's not a problem.

I could probably risk a smaller cutter now and get a more precise result. Famous last words?

Again, it's some way short of a proper validation test as such but it seems to be doing the business from what I can see so far. Thanks for the excellent work and support, Swissi!
swissi

Post by swissi »

Thanks to Muzzer who found an undeclared Variable in the Beta_1 version of the Fusion 360 Post Processor with enhanced 4th Axis support that was posted here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2992&start=40#p36139

If you have downloaded the Beta_1 version, here's Beta_2 with the fixes. Please report any issues you find:

***Removed: Official version 3 now available on first post*****

As mentioned before, If you are currently using an earlier version of my Post Processor, please note that I had to move variable #300 to #330 and #301 to #331 so if you are using the mfunc6.mac file that displays all the File and Tool Information in CNC12, you have to modify these two variables or use the new mfunc6.mac file that's been attached to this Beta version.

Also note that this version of the post processor includes the support for Fusion 360 WCS and Geometry Probing but the output of the Post Processor need the CNC12 specific Probing Cycles that I have currently in Beta Testing.

Check out the draft version of the Fusion 360 Probing User Guide for CNC12 if you are interested in Fusion 360 Probing.

-swissi
Last edited by swissi on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

swissi

Post by swissi »

Version 3 of the Fusion 360 Post Processor for Centroid CNC12 is now officially released.

See the first post of this thread for the download link.

These are the new Features that have been added:

***Update: Version 3 of this Post Processor has been posted***
7/11/2020 MinRev-40783-swissi-003

***Change Log v3
New features added (click the links for Implementation Details):
  • Improved Logic for Rotary Axis Support (less unwinding between Tool Paths)
  • Support for Fusion 360 Probing (WCS and Geometry). Be aware that the Post Processor alone is not enough to enable Fusion 360 Probing. The Post Processor is just calling probing sub-programs that did not exist for CNC12 and I had to write them with big efforts. If you are interested in the Fusion 360 Probing Cycles for Centroid CNC12, contact me via PM or send email to swissi2000@gmail.com
***End of Change Log

Please report issues and suggestions for new features in this thread.

-swissi

carbuthn
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 3)

Post by carbuthn »

Great work Swissi, been using the previous beta without any problems. If I can get my library built in Fusion 360 (still figuring out DOC, IPM, SFM and feed per tooth that I should use on my PM25) version 3 should help keep me out of trouble. :twisted: Maybe.
Chuck
geckocycles

Re: Fusion 360 Mill Post Processor for Acorn with additional Features (New Version 3)

Post by geckocycles »

I am having trouble. Not sure but I think this has to do with me flipping Z axis in tool orientation as I am machining the underside of the part now.
I fixed this by changing the origin to the underside of the part and flipping it. I probably could of defined the part top as the bottom too but I didn't try that.
It just would of been nice to just flip Z in tool orientation and not mess with the drawing.

Log file error:

Information: Configuration: CENTROID Milling swissi-003
Information: Vendor: CENTROID
Information: Posting intermediate data to 'D:\Documents\fusion posts\data\1100.nc'
Error: Failed to post process. See below for details.
Code page changed to '1252 (ANSI - Latin I)'
Start time: Friday, August 7, 2020 6:13:52 PM
Code page changed to '20127 (US-ASCII)'
Post processor engine: 4.5689.0
Configuration path: d:/documents/fusion posts/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003.cps
Security level: 1000
Include paths: d:/documents/fusion posts/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003
Configuration modification date: Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:54:57 AM
Output path: D:\Documents\fusion posts\data\1100.nc
Checksum of intermediate NC data: ce5df132ea0b76e9cd74431208188554
Checksum of configuration: b45be081e6ba08aef8fa7f7edf74927c
Vendor url: http://www.centroidcnc.com
Legal: Copyright (C) 2012-2020 by Autodesk, Inc.
Generated by: Fusion 360 CAM 2.0.8624

###############################################################################
Error: Error: Direction is not supported for machine configuration.
Error at line: 1
Error in operation: 'Drill3'

Stack dump:
("Direction is not supported for machine configuration.")@:0
getWorkPlaneMachineABC([object Matrix],true,true)@d:/documents/fusion posts/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003.cps:780
defineWorkPlane([object Section],true)@d:/documents/fusion posts/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003.cps:715
onSection()@d:/documents/fusion posts/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003/centroid_mill_minrev-40783-swissi-003.cps:1179
Failed while processing onSection() for record 360.
###############################################################################

Error: Failed to invoke function 'onSection'.
Error: Failed to invoke 'onSection' in the post configuration.
Error: Failed to execute configuration.
Stop time: Friday, August 7, 2020 6:13:52 PM
Post processing failed.
swissi

Post by swissi »

geckocycles,

from the error report it looks like you have some unsupported axes configuration/directions setup.

Have you tried another Post Processor? This problem might not be specific to this post processor and could be something Fusion just can't do.

Would you mind sharing your model in Fusion 360 so I can track down the issue?

-swissi

geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

I am 100% new to the CNC side of machining and 360. I'm sure it is just me and the way I think.

I have not tried the other Centroid PP with this part. I did with the internal spline part I made and there was an issue with the spindle starting which your version did not have. THX.

One side gets machined and then welded to another part. Then the second pocket gets machined in after welding. Like I said, I did find a work around and I'm sure there are other ways to do it too. I just thought flipping Z would post as it did simulate fine.

I tried to attach the 2 *.f3d files and they are not a supported format. "Invalid file extension: flange6 2x v1.f3d"
Should I email them to you?
geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

cbb1962
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C8301-0122180576

Post by cbb1962 »

geckocycles wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:38 pm I am having trouble. Not sure but I think this has to do with me flipping Z axis in tool orientation as I am machining the underside of the part now.
I fixed this by changing the origin to the underside of the part and flipping it. I probably could of defined the part top as the bottom too but I didn't try that.
It just would of been nice to just flip Z in tool orientation and not mess with the drawing.
Geckocycles. I do a lot of two-sided machining with Fusion. For me, I would split "Flange6 2x" into at least two different machining setups. One for the top-side operations and another for the bottom-side operations. Specify the XYZ planes in the Setup. This will solve the issue and you shouldn't get the error. I always create two different Gcode files, one for the top and another for the bottom. Maybe this will help.
Clint in NW Arkansas

The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...