Is it possible to modify Intercon's post?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

mc2
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Is it possible to modify Intercon's post?

Post by mc2 »

I just updated the Centroid software to ver. 14.

I had not used my new centroid before the upgrade however I am sure the Intercon software is the same. Is there any way to modify the output of the program when you post it? If so where can I find the documentation?

I am using a Taig gang tool lathe with the Acorn controller with all clearpath motors including the spindle motor. I did cut great threads last night and this is something that I could not do with Mach 3 or Mach 4 and a smoothstepper. If I can't modify my post processor then I will be doing a lot of edits on my program as there are wasted or unwanted moves for a gang tool lathe. I did set parameter 163=1.0000 however I did not notice any change other maybe I can set front and back tools on the offset page. I also modified my tool change program to null by commenting out all the g-code. That works good. I will modify later to make my tool changes safer and faster. Should be able to eliminate code that way.

thanks, Jim.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Is it possible to modify Intercon's post?

Post by cnckeith »

hello. sorry no way to Edit the "post" that intercon uses to create code other than the selections in the "setup" menu of Intercon.
if you like post examples of exactly what you are trying to eliminate or accomplish and i'll ask cnc smith to comment as he is our lathe expert.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnc_smith
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnc_smith »

Hi Jim,
cnckeith wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:45 pm hello. sorry no way to Edit the "post" that intercon uses to create code other than the selections in the "setup" menu of Intercon.
if you like post examples of exactly what you are trying to eliminate or accomplish and i'll ask cnc smith to comment as he is our lathe expert.
I have attached the TB 128 - Gang Tooling. This Tech bulletin will explain how to get the post set up for gang tooling. This will help eliminate the extra moves going back out to a tool change position. As noted in the bulletin you are responsible to make sure the tool is clear before going to the next tool. Most of the cycles in Intercon have at the bottom an Approach and Retract move option. For these cycles I toggle to the Approach and Retract and use the X diameter that the tool will be going to for that cycle and a Z clearance that the longest tool will clear the end of the part. This way it will move in square type moves. It will move in the X direction to the diameter then move Z in to the clearance move for that cycle. Then at the end of the cycle it will move Z back out to the Z clearance. For the cycles that do not have the Approach and Retract you will have to program an extra Rapid move before that cycle and a Rapid move after that cycle to the Z clearance.
Attachments
TB 128 - Gang Tooling.pdf
(51.22 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
mc2

Post by mc2 »

Thanks for the information. This should help me.

Jim.
larry_martens_cnc

Post by larry_martens_cnc »

TB 128 - Gang Tooling.

Hi Larry over here I followed this procedure every thing works but now in profile operations it wont let me change the tool for the finish pass its grayed out and it dose a finishing pass with the same tool i put in for the roughing op. Dose this have to do with the file you say to save to the directory that has an M99 ?

I am running CNC12 and doesn't say to make a file for that version. Do I need to make that file
THANKS Larry