CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ERROR IN MY TROUBLESHOOTING

Post by Charlie.G »

HI,
just wanted to let you all know what I realized while having a few issues with
with my setup. I was experiencing a few little quirky things with my machine
the motors were not running as smooth as they did when I first put the acorn in
but I wasn't losing steps just some ruffness in the movement so I started reading of others
having the same issue as I was and they were running the same drives as I was (Gecko 203v's)
so after reading some of the posts I came to the conclusion it was the drives and asked a question
about motor drives which I received some answers, I was thinking about switching my drives out
to correct my issue, then I checked the physical wire connections in my control box
I tightened all the wire connections, this did nothing for my machine it was the same, last time I ran the machine
the issue seemed worse, and today I started the machine up to do a job and windows wouldn't boot right then
I remembered this issue from the past with older versions of windows, I opened the control box and pulled the memory
out from the motherboard and reset it back in the machine and now all is fine it seems that over time
the connection from the MB and memory gets a light corrosion on the connections but resetting the memory
scrapes the connections and the contact is reestablished.... most or all of you may already know this but I thought I would share
what I found to maybe save someone this problem.
thank you,
Charlie