CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Clarification of Enable, E-stop output

Post by mrichards »

Hi,
Don't see the answers to this in the documentation. I don't have the Acorn board available at this location, so I can't fire up the software to root around in the settings / experiment ...

Enable outputs:
When are these active, whenever the system is reset? Do they remain enabled on e-stop input (IN8) and / or the software estop on the VCP?

E-stop:
On the standard connections schematic, there is an optional e-stop contactor output on the OUT1 relay. How does this function? Does it AND together the E-stop input (IN8) and the red software button on the VCP?

VFD Reset:
How does the VFD reset output (relay board OUT6) work? Momentary out put, continuous? what software actions drive it's operation?

Thank You.
------------
Mark
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Clarification of Enable, E-stop output

Post by Gary Campbell »

I'll take a whack at these questions, but please remember that my most recent testing is with a beta version of CNC12 v14 and a version 4 IO board with the LED's. The actions may or may not be different using CNC12 v12.

Enable Outputs: On with the controller, off with ESTOP or RESET press

ESTOP Output: Comes on once the software has booted and there are no other "alarms" (limit, reset, drive or vfd fault) I use as "Master Enable" for contactors, other relays to enable servos, etc.

VFD Reset: I have not tested this because I always use a power cycle but you can easily when you are back at your machine.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos