Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 74E1829FDAC7-1117181341
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

acorn st2(Y) does not work and ST1(x) strange

Post by usagui »

Hi I need real help for your product Acorn boad.
I recived last year 31 of dec 2018, then CHANGE FROM MACH3 WITH XHC MK4 TO YOUR PRODUCT jan 8 this year first bench test.
Download cnc 12 and then after firwall cut , internet [link removed] 10 pro with ethernet desktop pc. wiring perfect.
1. first 10 to 15 min working great
2. then internet backed on, message said firmware update. I did it corectly(I guess)
3.again turn on acorn boad then cnc12 open.
4. This time St2(Y) jog mode. rpm up and down not stable. St1, St3, St4(XZA) WAS NORMAL
5. I REINSTALL CNC12 AND THEN START AGAIN. ST2(Y) NEVER MOVE again UNTILL TODAY but X,Z,A WORKING.
6. NEXT DAY I TRIED AGAIN DOES NOT WORK ST2 STILL, THIS TIME ST1 SOMETHING MOVING STRANGE AND VIBRETION ON MY CLOSED LOOP STEPPER MOTOR.
7. MYBE MY PC WIN SYS COULD BE WRONG AND THEN I DID IT RECOVER IT. STILL SAME
8. I WANT TO TRYED AGAIN. BUT ST1 MORE NOISE AND VIBRATION SAME AS ST2 BEFORE (LITTLE BY LITTLE)

MY SYSTEM: WINDOWS 10 PRO 64
MOTOR: CLOSED LOOP HYBRID STEPPER MOTOR NEMA 34( VERY POWERFULL AND STABLE ON MACH3 WITH MK4)
MONITOR TOUCH SCREEN(DELL) 24 INCH HDMI CONNECTION
MY PC IS BAD? OR YOUR FIRMWARE IS BAD OR CNC12 4.12 SOMTHING WROG? MAYBE SO MUCH BUG IN THE SOFT?
I DO NOT KNOW TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO.

What I did:

cnc 12 reinstall 4 times( as you tube video)

wiring check many times
windows restore one times
this boad firmware restore by Beagle Bone Green Debricker(download to micro SD) two times

finaly same st1(x) rpm ubstable with vibration noise, st2(y) never move again, st3(z) very good, st4(a) very good

This boad defect? or I am very bad?

somebody help me. sorry my english not good, I hope understand

Thanks
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Re: acorn st2(Y) does not work and ST1(x) strange

Post by swissi »

Please post a Report.zip file from your configuration and a couple of photos of your machine, motors and control box could help too to better understand your situation.

As far as I understand, you have a 4 axis system and all 4 axis worked ok for about 15 minutes and then the Y axis started to have problems with vibration and unstable rpm's, correct?

Given the fact that your problem is only with the Y axis and the other 3 are working ok, I think we can rule out problems with your PC or firewall settings.

I think the possible problems could be:
  • the input on the Acorn for the Y-Axis
  • the driver of the Y-Axis
  • the stepper motor of the Y-Axis
You need to do a systematic troubleshooting switching each of these components one at a time between the Y axis with an axis that works ok to pin down which of these components is causing the problem.

As I understand you are having now problems with the X axis too. Are you feeding the correct voltage to the components?

As a first step, I would switch the input connectors on the Acorn board between the Y and Z axis power down your system before switching connectors), then jog the Y axis and see if the Z axis is moving now. If it does, you know there is a problem with the Y axis connector on your Acorn board. Also try to jog the Z axis and if the Y axis does not move know, you know the problem must be with the Y axis driver or motor.

Keep doing this component switching between the Y and Z axis with the driver next and then the stepper motor until you have pinned down the problem.

Hope this will give you some ideas what to try next. Keep us posted with your results and post your report file and pictures.

Good luck
-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Not enough information. You don't tell us anything about your machine, your motor drive make and model, your motors, wiring etc.

Remember YOU can SEE your machine and we can't. Please follow this post and well better be able to help you:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
usagui
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 74E1829FDAC7-1117181341

Post by usagui »

Thanks fot reply
I am Japanese and live in Mexico.
You want to know my machine detail but before my machine I tested. You call bench test. Already does not function before my machine. Y axis dead now X axis become same as Y axis. Disappointed. Anyway I return to the XHC MK4 with cach3 and working great. Same as fofore. You sent me this boad is defect. Mybe only this boad just one defected in the world. I am lucky person.
Also I contacted your centroid distributor in mexico city but no function. I do not return this boad to Amazon. I just waist mony and time thats all. No more headache.

Thans anyway for reply
Hisahiro Hirasawa
From Guadalajara Mexico
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

usagui wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:03 pm Thanks fot reply
I am Japanese and live in Mexico.
You want to know my machine detail but before my machine I tested. You call bench test. Already does not function before my machine. Y axis dead now X axis become same as Y axis. Disappointed. Anyway I return to the XHC MK4 with cach3 and working great. Same as fofore. You sent me this boad is defect. Mybe only this boad just one defected in the world. I am lucky person.
Also I contacted your centroid distributor in mexico city but no function. I do not return this boad to Amazon. I just waist mony and time thats all. No more headache.

Thans anyway for reply
Hisahiro Hirasawa
From Guadalajara Mexico
Likely something in setup that you didn't do correctly.
We all stand here happy to help you, but without know anything about your system, what drives and motors you have, how you wired them, we simply can't help you.

Just understand, we are here willing to help if we have more information. It sounds to me like you got frustrated and went back before giving us more information and waiting for help.

If you decide to give it another go, we are here for you as we are for everyone else.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ