Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: None
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Can't get the Wizard to run

Post by LSGreen »

I have a relatively net Acorn setup, about three weeks. I've moved on from Mach4 and a Hicon Integra 7766 motion controller. Not that the Hicon is a bad controller, quite the contrary, it's an excellent piece of equipment, it's just designed to work with Mach4 which I've found more an more troublesome to get where I need to be with this machine. I'm still working on getting the machine to perform the way I want it to and it moving along alright. It's a 4x8 gantry style router with dual nema 34 1800 oz. closed loop stepper motors on the X axis, single on the Y and, single on the Z. Just a brief description of the machine and now on to the problem. Every day as I work with many thing I am trying to do I have opened the wizard many times, however today I cant get opened at all. I use Windows Defender and both CNC12 and CNCWizard have permissions to pass thru the firewall, but no joy. I have also tried with the firewall turned off, that doesn't work either. I have downloaded and reinstalled the software, the wizard comes up when it the program is run for the first time but needs to be shut down after CNC12 has been restored so that it can import the right settings but will not restart again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lou
kwkenyon
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Can't get the Wizard to run

Post by kwkenyon »

Hello, on youtube, martyscncgarage has a great video how to set up your PC prior to using Acorn to avoid firewall and a host of other problems. Check it out.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

LSGreen wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:39 pm I have a relatively net Acorn setup, about three weeks. I've moved on from Mach4 and a Hicon Integra 7766 motion controller. Not that the Hicon is a bad controller, quite the contrary, it's an excellent piece of equipment, it's just designed to work with Mach4 which I've found more an more troublesome to get where I need to be with this machine. I'm still working on getting the machine to perform the way I want it to and it moving along alright. It's a 4x8 gantry style router with dual nema 34 1800 oz. closed loop stepper motors on the X axis, single on the Y and, single on the Z. Just a brief description of the machine and now on to the problem. Every day as I work with many thing I am trying to do I have opened the wizard many times, however today I cant get opened at all. I use Windows Defender and both CNC12 and CNCWizard have permissions to pass thru the firewall, but no joy. I have also tried with the firewall turned off, that doesn't work either. I have downloaded and reinstalled the software, the wizard comes up when it the program is run for the first time but needs to be shut down after CNC12 has been restored so that it can import the right settings but will not restart again.

Lou
Lou,
Are you saying that when you reinstalled CNC12, the wizard came up as expected?
Explain this comment, "but needs to be shut down after CNC12 has been restored"
What do you mean by "restored"? Are you restoring CNC12 from a previous REPORT or?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
LSGreen

Post by LSGreen »

Marty,
Thanks for responding, by restored, I did mean from a former report. After restoring a shut down is needed to repopulate the fields in the wizard, but at that point the wizard wouldn't restart. After my post I continued to try to solve the problem and have discovered that it is within the parameter settings. My probe has a NC circuit aswell as my toolsetter. The probe uses input 6 and the toolsetter uses input 7. Sense both are NC circuits they require a negative value in parameters 11 and 44. When these values are entered in the params, this is when the wizard goes missing. If I remove the negatives then the wizard will work as normal. I don't understand why this happens, but anyway there it is. As far as parameter 18 goes I have no idea what it wants, + or -, but I do know I want the spindle disabled while the probe is mounted. Thanks for taking a look, and I hope some of this makes sense.

Lou
Param #2.PNG
Param #1.PNG
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello. there is an issue with negative values in probe values and the wizard xlm file in v.4.12 which has been fixed for the next release. (4.14)
work around is to use the wizard for everything else you need, make a report at this point in case you want to get back easily to this point... then go setup the negative values for the probe in cnc12.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
LSGreen

Post by LSGreen »

Yep, I thought it was something like that, although I considered it to be my setup because I had spent some time looking over the forum and don’t recall seeing anything related. Your work around sounds like a good plan, thanks. This aside, I’m really impressed with the centroid system. Got any idea when we might see the update?

Thanks for listening,
Lou
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Re: Can't get the Wizard to run (ANSWERED)

Post by martyscncgarage »

LSGreen wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:39 pm I have a relatively net Acorn setup, about three weeks. I've moved on from Mach4 and a Hicon Integra 7766 motion controller. Not that the Hicon is a bad controller, quite the contrary, it's an excellent piece of equipment, it's just designed to work with Mach4 which I've found more an more troublesome to get where I need to be with this machine. I'm still working on getting the machine to perform the way I want it to and it moving along alright. It's a 4x8 gantry style router with dual nema 34 1800 oz. closed loop stepper motors on the X axis, single on the Y and, single on the Z. Just a brief description of the machine and now on to the problem. Every day as I work with many thing I am trying to do I have opened the wizard many times, however today I cant get opened at all. I use Windows Defender and both CNC12 and CNCWizard have permissions to pass thru the firewall, but no joy. I have also tried with the firewall turned off, that doesn't work either. I have downloaded and reinstalled the software, the wizard comes up when it the program is run for the first time but needs to be shut down after CNC12 has been restored so that it can import the right settings but will not restart again.

Lou
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ