Advice on retrofit of proprietary plasma table?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Advice on retrofit of proprietary plasma table?

Post by ShawnM »

slodat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:37 pm
ShawnM wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:23 pm
slodat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:41 pm I might be interested in replacing the WinCNC controls on my Shop Sabre plasma.. Keith, do you have a budgetary price for the THC, etc.
I'm currently beta testing the Acorn THC on my ShopSabre Sidekick 10 as I type this and I'm loving it over the old WinCNC setup. :mrgreen:
I have a Sidekick 8 still in the build process. Should be here mid January. I am already sure I will want to replace WinCNC.

Keith- maybe Shop Sabre will use your control!?
Oh, you will once you see how complex the WinCNC system is. I'm sure it works great and they have many users but after using the Acorn system for several years now and many retrofits under my belt I see the WinCNC design as an overly complex design with a lot of failure points. Not to mention it seems archaic for todays standards with PCI cards in your PC. :shock:

I'm really amazed at how simple the Acorn setup, programming and hardware is that seeing other systems REALLY makes me appreciate what Centroid has done. I must have pulled out about 10 pounds of junk from the ShopSabre control box and PC. Hopefully there's a sucker lurking on eBay looking for this stuff. :D