Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Cheap CNCPC that meets requirements: Lenovo Think Center M92P for Acorn <updated model M93P>

Post by BillB »

I have 1 M92on mill system and 1 M93P on the lathe, working well so far but would be nice if redraw on graphics would be better. It’s slow and take a bit to redraw stuff. Is there any way to get a bit more Preformance out if the computers
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Re: Cheap CNCPC that meets requirements: Lenovo Think Center M92P for Acorn <updated model M93P>

Post by suntravel »

BillB wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 am I have 1 M92on mill system and 1 M93P on the lathe, working well so far but would be nice if redraw on graphics would be better. It’s slow and take a bit to redraw stuff. Is there any way to get a bit more Preformance out if the computers
IF you do not have feed override 100% THEN redraw is slower, according to the feed override % ;)

Uwe
BillB

Post by BillB »

suntravel wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:41 am
BillB wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 am I have 1 M92on mill system and 1 M93P on the lathe, working well so far but would be nice if redraw on graphics would be better. It’s slow and take a bit to redraw stuff. Is there any way to get a bit more Preformance out if the computers
IF you do not have feed override 100% THEN redraw is slower, according to the feed override % ;)

Uwe
Oh really, good to know. Really does not make any sense WHY that would affect the redraw rate but I will give it a try. IS it a software glitch or does it have some sort of purpose? Or is it simply to slow down the redraw for visual reference? IF so I guess that would make sense.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Sure this makes sense, because on 100% it is to fast to see the tools moving

Uwe
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

the CNC12 graphics are a true G code back plot.. it is actually running the g code program without moving the machine (unlike many ohter controls that just estimate what the machine will do) so feedrate override effects the graphics backplot speed.
on related subject v4.80 has improved gcode backplot graphic speed compared to last version.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

It's actually a very handy feature. I use it all the time to actually watch how complicated areas are actually machined. That and Zoom are your friends when graphing BEFORE running a part!
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
BillB

Post by BillB »

I get it now glad I asked about this.
ArmandoC0sta
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by ArmandoC0sta »

Roadstercycle wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm OK everyone, I just tried the Lenovo M92P mini computer that someone else advised about getting. It was $189.00 and free shipping so I gave it a shot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkCe ... 2749.l2649

It has 4 GB of ram and a 320GB hard drive. So I received it yesterday and it was suppose to be a lease return, refurbished unit and was advised it may have scratches. It looks brand new, not one scratch and opened it up and there was no dust caked on, even the fan blades where clean. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. This does not mean if you decide to get one that it will be the same but mine is awesome. I bought a Adata 128gb ssd and cloned the disc that already had a fresh copy of windows 10 pro from a win 7 upgrade. The SSD was about $35 from Amazon. Aomei backupper disc clone software as it could clone to a smaller ssd than the original HHD. Oh yes it was free and worked great. OK, before the ssd it took about 2 minutes to load, maybe a bit less, anyway it was annoying. After the SSD install, This is no B.S. either, 10 seconds to windows 10 screen and nothing circling in waiting. Unbelievable. I could not believe it. It did not have any extra bloatware or anything on it so I'm sure that helped. This morning at 6:30 AM my wife and I got up and I said to her watch this, pushed the button and watched her reaction, she did a double take and said no way. I was up till midnight the night before while she watch me boot and re boot the old hhd while I was trying to install EaseUS, and Acronis disc cloners before I found Aomei. They could not clone to a smaller ssd without paying the $50 ransome. So anyway, installed the latest Acorn software 4.12 and hooked it up and it works awesome. I had been using my laptop to run it and decided to do a stand alone computer thus the Lenovo M92P. So I hope this may help anyone looking for a computer that will run Centroid Acorn without spending an arm and a leg. The i5 processor in it single threads at about 1900 +, I can't remember the whole number, but it was a go anyway.
this website error
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Maybe because the post was over 4 years ago.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cnckeith
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ArmandoC0sta wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:04 am

this website error
do a google search on m93P, lots are still for sale. ebay ads come and go.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html