Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: First Project | proLIGHT | Acorn Conversion

Post by roundel325 »

My 2000 also has round linear rails (Thomson, I think). I think the main difference between the 1000 and 2000 was the 1000 had open loop steppers and the 2000 had DC brushed servos w/ 1000 line encoders. These are solid small machines.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

roundel325 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:06 pm My 2000 also has round linear rails (Thomson, I think). I think the main difference between the 1000 and 2000 was the 1000 had open loop steppers and the 2000 had DC brushed servos w/ 1000 line encoders. These are solid small machines.
Using Leadshine Close Loop Hybrid steppers on this build It has been fitted with a Leeson 3/4hp 3phase motor.
Should take decent cuts for a small machine....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Tbadger
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Tbadger »

I've picked up the identical machine recently (proLight 1000 with ATC) and am considering a conversion to Acorn based on what I've read here. I do have everything to run the mill today, including the ISA card, controller box, and the ATC. I'm able to control the machine basically out of the box, but would like to move up to something more modern like the Acorn software, or even Mach 4. Before I go that far, I want to make sure that I can get the ATC functioning. One thing that I do not have is the tool gauge plug mentioned in the ATC manual. I'm assuming that it is a metal plug, which touches to the top of the tool bit holder, making a connection. The is also some kind of sensor that helps to identify the location of the tool holder's position. Here is the manual where this is referenced, page 10 https://downloads.intelitek.com/Manuals ... _Setup.pdf.

If I can't find one, I'd machine one on the lathe, but need to know the proper dimensions, in particular the height of the plug body below the middle ring of the holder.
toolPlug.PNG
It doesn't seem that it is that simple to just tell it what tool to use and it goes and gets it. You must first initialize the tools before it can be used. Anyone with experience with this mill know anything about this tool plug gauge and could provide some dimensions?

:?:
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Should be no problem
Your ATC is a rack mount tool changer.
Hopefully your home switches repeat very well
I'd convert it.

You won't need any plu. You will need to know the X/Y position of each tool and you'll need to know the Z tool change height. All easily done once you have the machine fully converted and axis calibrated.

Start a new thread with pictures of your machine.
The main casting is composite and does not drill well.
Find and tag everything before you tear it down

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ